Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Private showing of one lady's quilts >

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Old 10-31-2014, 07:20 PM

I enjoyed her quilts and think it is wonderful that she is so productive and creative! I agree with you that the long arm should be where she can use it. Shame on the kids who can not eat elsewhere and have not come to use the
dining room!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:00 PM

She is blessed to have a friend like who values her talent, her hobby and her investment of time. Thanks for being that friend. Her quilts are beautiful. I especially like the wedding ring one, and find her variety inspiring.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:38 PM

there are some very intricate quilts there! 700 -- is a lot of work and the love is evident; she is blessed to be so talented but it's a darn shame families act like strangers...
Old 11-01-2014, 03:11 AM

Tell her that her work is beautiful. Also tell her that she and her husband should do what makes them happy and gives them fulfillment. They have earned that. If there children don't like the quilts, there are many people who would, injured veterans, cancer patients, women in spouse abuse centers, children in orphanages, other shut-ins, patients in nursing homes, etc. God gave them a talent to make these beautiful quilts and they need to share it and continue it as long as their health allows them too. Get the LA out and bring these pieces of art to life. They will be someones treasure some day.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:30 AM
Power Poster

A lot of work. Very talented. Thanks for letting us visit this show.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:44 AM

What beautiful quilts, thanks to you, we all get to see them.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:55 AM

Such beautiful quilts. Thank you for sharing them.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:35 AM

Thanks for sharing this one person quilt show! She does some beautiful work
Old 11-01-2014, 04:41 AM

what a wonderful collection of quilts I to am a senior who quilts to stay busy also on oxygen 24/7 but my girls are very understanding as one quilts the other sews clothes and does leatherwork so I do feel for this lady and her ungrateful kids I wish the very best for her and do agree her house should be set for her comfort if the kids come for a meal let them set wherever
Old 11-01-2014, 05:01 AM

What a great collection of beautiful quilts! They should set up the LA in the DR and enjoy their quilting days. Their kids are quite ungrateful as this hobby keeps them going. They are lucky that up until now they have not had to care for them. i agree that it would be nice to sell some of the quilts as it could fund the hobby and maybe get a housekeeper in twice a month so they have more time for sewing. Surely a church or other charitable organization would enjoy a donated quilt to raffle. I would also suggest that she label her quilts. As far as the kids coming over for dinner, it is about time that they have Mom and Dad over to their house for dinner. And they should come get them and take them home! Life is too short to kowtow to adult kids!