Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Private showing of one lady's quilts >

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Old 11-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for being a "good neighbor", QNS. A reminder that not all Quilts of Valor need to be "patriotic" themes. I'm amazed at the variety of blocks she has chosen, many of them not "easy" to piece. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:06 PM

I'm very impressed with her quilting ability and think each is very pretty!! What's with her health problem is at least she's doing what she loves to do and being busy, tell her to put up that LA to where she can use it and shorten time involved in quilting it. Can't understand why kids has a problem with her happy project and not enjoy it!?!! Please tell her I enjoyed seeing each of her previous quilts.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:18 PM

My kids know better than to tell me to move my LA!! They both know that quilting is my "therapy", and it's how I de-stress. I would ditch the dining room table before I moved my LA!! ESPECIALLY since you say their kids haven't been there to EAT at the table!!!!
I will never understand how people refuse to value their elderlies until it's too late.

Tell your friend that we're all cheering her on, and her quilts are just LOVELY. Quilt on, I say, and let the dining table fall where it may! :-D
Old 11-01-2014, 04:24 PM

Amazing work, tell her to reclaim that room with her longarm!!! It's her house!! I agree with earthwalker...BRATS!!! My children would never ask me to move my sewing things, they know what it means to me!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:32 PM

What a beautiful collection she has!!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful quilts! Her work is terrific! Tell her it's her house and she should do what she loves!! She has a a great eye for color and fabric design! Loved seeing her quilts!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:04 PM

Nice selection of quilts. Nice work.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:12 PM

She is really a busy lady. I know the feeling about family not appreciating the work. My sister's grandson is about the only one fascinated with my quilts. The ones that I gave to the others just get thrown around and are not really taken care of. I purchased a couple of really lovely pillows for our living room some time ago and my sister and her husband didn't really take care of them, so I made covers, they messed them up and then I made another set of covers and again they messed them up, so I finally threw the pillows out and will not make another thing for them. I have a stack of quilt tops which will hopefully get quilted but I'd give them away to strangers before I give another quilt to my family.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Judyth View Post
Tell her that her work is beautiful. Also tell her that she and her husband should do what makes them happy and gives them fulfillment. They have earned that. If there children don't like the quilts, there are many people who would, injured veterans, cancer patients, women in spouse abuse centers, children in orphanages, other shut-ins, patients in nursing homes, etc. God gave them a talent to make these beautiful quilts and they need to share it and continue it as long as their health allows them too. Get the LA out and bring these pieces of art to life. They will be someones treasure some day.
She needs to tell her kids quite firmly, My life, I live it; My house and I will live in it. Live and Let live If they don't like that they could use her door. Wish this couple lived near me it would be a delight to visit them and make friends.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Perhaps this lady could do a quilt show of her own to raise money for a good cause. That would sure help her understand how valuable she is and what an eye opener for those rude know it all kids. This couple may feel that they will need their kid's help down the road. Most likely these self centered brats won't be there for them. However, as they give to the community the community will give to them and a quilt show can be the beginning of such.