Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Private showing of one lady's quilts >

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Old 11-01-2014, 07:11 PM

I confessed to my neighbor tonight; and she had mixed feelings...so I am going to tread carefully here. I did said no names or location was used for the reason of privacy and in respect for the family I visited. Neighbor will come here and edit the album before she presents it to the family....no names will appear in the album, we will cut and paste the comments, so she can get the honest opinions of quilters on QB about her quilts.

She has been hurt before in trying to help others with her quilts. Nor does she want to walk back into the lime light of the public...nor I am going to force that at all or tell where she lives. That is her choice on privacy; but I did want to share the beauty and heart and soul she has put into her quilts and I knew QB was the perfect site for that. This album is to honor her and her husband with good vibes coming their way that they can cherish.

I love the quilters on QB, and their comments are always so 'up beat' and co encouraging. Its hard to grow old 'gracefully' and deal with health problems...but they are...and sharing their love and companionship together. None of us are promised a 'g rose garden' in senior years. No, I do not know this family, but I totally respect them and their privacy. Thank you for your encouraging words to pass back to them. My comments will probably end up in file 13... the waste paper basket.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:01 PM

Thank you so much for sharing! This is truly a talented and prolific quilter!! I hope she has many more quilting years ahead.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

What some lovely quilts. Hope she can keep creating for a long time!
Old 11-01-2014, 09:56 PM

I think you are being awfully kind to people you've not met before.

I'd also encourage her to do something with her 700 tops/quilts. I have had up to 100 before in my home and that is a lot--a whole bunk bed full, basically. (That's just tops--.) I can't imagine 700.

I take it shopping isn't a problem or she does mail order because buying that much fabric and batting and thread might be an issue for someone who is home bound unless they have access to mail order. If they don't have the internet, then I am amazed that she can get all these materials to her home.

Anyway, this lady is amazingly productive. Tell her to keep it up and we think she's great!
Old 11-01-2014, 11:16 PM

please give her a big hug for me tell her her quilts are very very beautiful, she is a great person and shame on their kids for not coming more often to see them
Old 11-02-2014, 01:00 AM

she is one talented woman. She has a wonderful collection. I can tell you if she was my mom I'd have one of her quilts in every room. It's totally wrong that she has been swayed to not be doing the long arming if that what she enjoys doing. I think she needs to do what she loves as long as she can. Her kids need to get a grip and give her encouragement instead of grief.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:11 AM

I agree with all that's been said those quilts are beautiful and a credit to her.l admire her stamina to keep going shame her kids don,t,but not all younger ones appreciate what you have made,have told mine NOT to throw anything I have made in the dump to offer it around nieces and nephews and quilt groups etc.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by mimiof4 View Post
What a beautiful collection of quilts, she has a fantastic eye for color. Good for her doing what she loves.
I think she has a much better sense of color than I do. I make scrap quilts because I am not comfortable picking colors.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:54 AM

They have made some amazing quilts and sound like a wonderful couple. Thank you for sharing their quilts and story.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Privileged to see one lady's quilt collection she has made in my home town....this is a small sample of what she has...please pardon my poor pictures that do not do them justice. This will take several uploads to see all I photographed yesterday.
Are they just tops?? Not quilted?