Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Embroidery Gift Projects >

Machine Embroidery Gift Projects

Machine Embroidery Gift Projects

Old 11-11-2014, 02:10 PM

Default Machine Embroidery Gift Projects

I recently purchased a Janome MC 15000 machine which has an embroidery component and have started to play around with it. I LOVE IT! As of right now, the only thing I've done is monogrammed a set of bath towels and a few golf bag towels. I'm using a Janome issued software package for monogramming even though the machine has that function built in. I'd really like to make some gift items for friends and family at Christmas and after. What kinds of things are your favorite things to machine embroider? I'd like to do other kinds of things than monogramming, too, but what are your favorite monogramming projects? I'm the type that can usually make it if I see it, but creating the idea is something I struggle with. Thanks for all of your creative ideas!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:06 PM

My friend and I have a saying "If it stands still long enough, embroidery it." I've done towels, shirts,, clocks, sweatshirts, fleece jackets, Christmas decorations, wallhangings, totes, tablet covers. . . Free standing lace is one of my favorite things to do, right now I am working on curtains for my kitchen. I also like to quilt with my embroidery machine. If you go to Embroidery Library, you will see lots of free projects. They do a great job with the tutorials and their designs are beautiful and reasonably priced. Have fun.

'
Old 11-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Cute sayings and designs on baby bibs and t-shirts, Christmas stockings, advent calendars, personalized coasters, monogrammed bib aprons....
Old 11-11-2014, 03:20 PM

You could do scarves. I saw recently about embroidering on store bought winter scarves.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:11 PM

There are in the hoop projects from Anita Gooddesigns. Placemats,towels,mug rugs and tees.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:21 AM

I made several casserole holders from placemats. I embroidered a design and the person's name on one mat. I made handles from fabric and then stitched the placemats together. Leave one side open to insert the pan. Oh, I put ties on the open end, too.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:52 AM

I just made these FSL crystal angel ornaments:

http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/pro...FSEV7AodzhoAXA
Old 11-15-2014, 03:35 PM

Check out Embroiderygarden.com She has some of the best patterns and directions. Be careful though,this is an addictive hobby.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:29 AM

i used designs from urban threads to create custom monograms for towels for my sons. i like to do tea towels for friends. i can have fun with the embroidery and they are useful. simple shopping totes are good places for fun embroideries as well. my sister loved the squirrel and her dogs name on a blanket that i embroidered for her squirrel crazy dog. also personalized paw towels for dog owners.