Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just saw an ad for a new machine >

I just saw an ad for a new machine

I just saw an ad for a new machine

Old 12-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Default I just saw an ad for a new machine

My not too localQS just sent me an email, advertising a Grace Q'nique mid arm machine and frame package. I've always drooled over the long arm machines I've seen but have been put off by their prices and the lack of local support. Does anyone know about this 14+ mid arm machine? What is the disadvantage compared to a long arm? Should I add it to my Christmas list (for next year?)
Old 12-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

Here is recent post:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...r-t255694.html
Old 12-10-2014, 03:02 PM

Thanks, PaperPrincess, for the link. Hope I get to the store after the holidays to give it a try.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:13 PM

The Q'nique is a copy of the BlockRockIt that Kathy Quilts developed. The Grace Company manufactured it for them and sells their own branded version now. I have the BlockRockIt that I bought this summer. It does have a 14 inch throat, which after my Juki with the 9 inch throat, seems quite large. I still find myself wanting to do the same size quilting I did on the Juki, but I am getting better with using the whole field. It has a built in stitch regulator, you can use regulated on manual modes. It is easy to thread and operate. I have mine on a Little Gracie II frame it and works really well on it. The support I have gotten from Kathy Quilts and from the Grace Company have been great. I am very happy with my machine and it was a very affordable purchase. I do this for my enjoyment so there is no way I would want to pay the huge prices for the much bigger machines.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Ditto what Regina said. Here's a link to the Kathy Quilts website, and a nice blurb about the Block-RockiT. http://www.kathyquilts.com/
Old 12-10-2014, 06:42 PM

If you're looking for a reasonably priced "long arm", why not take a look at the Bailey(http://baileyssewingcenter.com/bahoquul20e.html)? It has a pretty good reputation on the machine and the company also has a good reputation. They now have a 20" machine for $2,999. When I have the money and the room, the Bailey is what I'll be getting.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:59 AM

I also got the Block rocket a couple months ago. I have never had this type of machine before. I just love it ! The support you get from Lynn at Kathy quilts and the grace company is fantastic...
Old 12-12-2014, 03:20 AM

Site says they "start" at 3299.00....but I couldn't find any info on anything you can add to them? Looks like just a basic machine. I would love to test drive one of these!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 AM

It has a built in stitch regulator. You can add a table for ruler work, laser, stylus, QuiltMotion for computerized quilting. If you go to the Kathy Quilts website and then click on the Block RockiT14+ it will take you to a page where you can see more details about what they offer. I know they traveled to several shows this year and will be doing the same next year, I'm sure. I know I am very pleased with my machine. I'm getting ready to order the ruler table for mine and then I want to get the stylus so I can try some of the pattern boards.