Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Electric Accuquilt machine…Anyone get it? >

New Electric Accuquilt machine…Anyone get it?

New Electric Accuquilt machine…Anyone get it?

Old 12-28-2014, 02:46 PM

Default New Electric Accuquilt machine…Anyone get it?

If you got it, tell us how you like it. Perhaps compare it to the hand-cranking one.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 PM

I want to know about this too! Chime in, folks. Take time away from your cutting, inquiring minds want to know!
Old 12-28-2014, 04:10 PM

I got one for Christmas, plugged it in, cut a few flying geese, saw that it worked, and put it away for the time being. I have never used the hand cranked one so I can't make a comparison; but I really liked the way the electric one cut with that small trial. I'll probably use it often later; but right now I am in the middle of making Jenny Doan's Hourglass #2 and I don't need the AccuQuilt for that. I also got lots of dies; but I plan to use the June Taylor Shape Cut Pro and her other rulers for cutting strips. I am taking the two Craftsy classes that use the AccuQuilt cutters and plan to make the quilts from those classes using my electric cutter. Sorry, I am not much help on how I like it.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:13 PM

Yes....My sweet DH surprised me by getting DD to order it for him and deliver when they visited for Christmas! I have only had time to try the flying geese and strip die on some scraps, and so far....I Love It! I have the crank go and also have a little arthritis and back issues and it was getting a little difficult to do much with it. Had to take it in short spells. Now.....I want to go get all my dies and fabric and start cutting! (Already have a stack of fabric next to it!)
Double luck....DD and family got me the Go Big rolling travel bag! I may not travel a lot with it, but it is great for storing the cutter and all dies and mats.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:17 PM

has anyone had a die get stuck? I have a ton of strips to cut and my die is stuck and won't budge
Old 01-31-2015, 04:35 PM

patski - can you reverse it?

My DH told me at Christmas to get myself one - even after we agree to give each other anew TV. Sweet, sweet man - but I haven't been out to get one yet. Have issues with arthritis, etc so think it will be better than the manual ones for me.