Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day >

Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day

Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day

Old 01-08-2015, 05:46 PM

Default Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day

Just learned from my Vietnam Veterans Group that Joann's has a military discount every day, I didn't know this. Here is the link explaining the details.

http://www.joann.com/militarydiscoun...rId=20150107E2

Another not well known discount available to veterans who shop at Lowes or Home Depot. They offer 10% discount on everything if you can show proof you are a veteran or active duty military.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Thank you QuiltBoy for sharing this information with us. Nice to know.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:13 PM

Michaels also has military discount. I always ask where ever I shop, nice to save a little bit with my military I.d.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 PM

Good to know; thanks for sharing.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:03 AM

We were stationed in the USA 20 years ago for 4years and I used this discount all the time lots of the clothing store gave it also , it was wonderful how the USA admire there Military .
Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 AM

I asked for my military discount at either Lowes or Home Depot, and was told it was only effective over Memorial Day weekend....
Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 AM

Dh uses his discount at home depot or Lowes all the time.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by vivoaks View Post
I asked for my military discount at either Lowes or Home Depot, and was told it was only effective over Memorial Day weekend....
did you have an official card from the VA or current in-service card? They do always give vets 10% off on Memorial day, without much fuss but for every day you do have to have the id card.
this is Lowes faq, Home Depots is essentially the same

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.
To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:
Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.
Or:
Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).
We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.
The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.
1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status.
2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits
3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)
Old 01-09-2015, 07:12 AM

We just show our ID card with our pictures on them and info. We have never had a problem at Lowes or Home Depot. I think I would talk to a manager about it.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Thanks for letting us know!