Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 02-18-2015, 04:54 AM

Mamahen: Love the two toned stars. An outer border has the advantage of not having the star point cut off by the binding. Hope your surgery goes well and your back at the sewing machine quickly. When I was a kid, yes I can remember that long ago, a family friend had cataract surgery. I don't know how long he was in the hospital but he had to keep his head wedged between two bolsters for a week. We sure have come a long way.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:01 AM

No M-fay it has not arrived and I am on the look out for one from Scotland also.I am so excited and anxious to start putting this together. Have not decided exactly how it will go .They are all so beautiful. You are all such exquisite artisans.!!!!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:44 AM

jolo, mine should arrive on friday.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Mamahen, I've had over 15 eye surgeries. good luck with the cataracts, that was one of my easier and more successful surgeries. You'll do great. good luck, it's quick now. back in '77, I was in highschool and I took off to go see my grandma, she had hers removed and was in the hospital for a week. isn't that hysterical now-a-days!!!! a week!!!! for cataracts.

Jolo, did you get my spool block yet, mailed it over a week ago and haven't heard from you.hope you like it.
Jolo, I was wondering the same thing (if you got my block ) can you post all that have came so far?
Old 02-18-2015, 09:25 AM
RJ

Here is my almost finished quilt---haven't gotten the binding completely sewn on....I always save leftover binding strips and when I do a scrappy quilt I put all the levtovers together so my binding is scrappy too....not sure if it will show in the photo....my friend, that did this mystery with me is almost done with hers....I will post photo when it is done....
We are both ready for the next one....This scrappy didn't even make a dent in my scraps LOL LOL
Attached Thumbnails mystery-quilt.jpg   mystery-quilt-binding.jpg  
Old 02-18-2015, 11:40 AM

VickiM: Love your quilt with the pinks and chocolates ! I've never heard of fusion in regard to fabrics--just in terms of cuisine. How does it apply to fabrics?
MamaHen: love your scrappy and the secondary design that shows through. Nice job!
Marta: Don;t I wish it was quilted!!!

Thank you ladies for all your kind comments. Wish I was as fast and accomplished as RJ, whose lovely quilt is almost completely done!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

RJ, love your quilt, I can see the different colors on the binding, very nice,
love your quilting design also. great overall job.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I ordered one from NoteImpress on Etsy that uses a stamp pad, then ordered a stamp pad from Amazon that is specifically for fabrics -- Versacraft. It has to be heat set to make it permanent, so will wash out if you accidentally put it in the wrong spot, upside down, etc.

I found the Etsy seller very easy to deal with and he provided a proof within hours of my ordering the stamp and shipped the next day. I'll let you know how I like the stamp once I receive it.
Thanks for doing the thinking on this! I look forward to hearing how it works, so I can then steal your idea.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 PM

Default mystery quilt

Well here is mine,very scrappy,quilted iin sections.....Working on another one while waiting for next scrappy.Thanx Judy
Attached Thumbnails dscn1518.jpg  
Old 02-18-2015, 02:26 PM

'fusion' is a design in a line of fabrics ... like 'stonehedge' by Northcott.....or 'krystal' by Michael Miller