Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Soft ans Toasty >

Soft ans Toasty

Soft ans Toasty

Old 01-26-2015, 02:02 PM

Smile Soft ans Toasty

In Wal Mart yesterday I got a bat of queen/king size Soft and Toasty, a natural cotton quilt batting, low loft that can be quilted up to 8" apart. Has anyone used this? Happy with it? Made by Fairfield in Danbury CT. Have though of getting a 9 yd. bold but no room to store it.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:17 PM

I just googled this and found a 25 yard bolt at Joannes for $89. Wow. Most of the reviews are good too. Got to check into this.

Dina
Old 01-26-2015, 04:19 PM

Throw a 40% off coupon on that, you've got a good deal.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ccrow99 View Post
Throw a 40% off coupon on that, you've got a good deal.
Well, it is on sale, so I don't think the coupon will work. It is normally $274. (according to the ad....I am not trusting enough to actually believe that is the original price....)

Dina
Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 PM

I'm finishing the binding right now on a small lap quilt for a young lady who's lost both her legs above her knees. She needed something while in her wheelchair to go on her lap and tuck under her thighs. I used this batting , first time using it.I didn't have crib size batting in my stash of warm and natural or Hobbs,didn't want to cut into my queen size so picked Soft and Toasty from Walmart. I free motioned loops and her name/words like hope, love, peace, faith.More loosely than stippling, but closer than the 8 inches apart. I had no problems with the batting.Needle and thread did smoothly with it.I used my Juki.I'm still new at FMQ( hand quilting for years).It was a lot like my FMQ practice batting squares which are some remnants from Warm and Natural.It's thin,but then I've noticed Warm and Natural seems thinner than it used to be.Or at least to me it seems like it's thinner now than few years ago. Anyway, I will see how well it does in the washer tomorrow before it's given to her. right now it drapes nicely.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Banned

It is not as nice as warm and natural. I have been trying to use up a roll about 1 year ago! It works well and my LAQ has not had any complaints quilting on it.