Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM

Karamarie that is so very wonderful!
My row robin is still in the very beginning stages. I have been busy outdoors in the dirt and also with other projects(baby blankets and graduation quilts.) But I love looking at everyone's. All different and all so CREATIVE. I'm in awe of the talent.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:45 AM

dfelker - Thank you for the compliment. I know what you mean about other things keeping you busy. We've had rain up here in Minnesota so I think this afternoon I can get back outside - the rainy weather was a good quilt catch-up for me. Yesterday when I was done, my sewing room got a good cleaning and I covered my sewing machine for a while.
I will be checking in on you ladies every day though.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:10 AM

It is raining here and probably will most of the week. I work outside the home full time plus as a Graphic Artist on a computer & when I come home I want to breathe in the fresh air and not scrutinize or squint over my sewing machine stitching. So mostly, I work on projects on the weekends. This weekend is a long weekend YAY except we will be going to down to help finish renovating a rental of my brother's for my Niece and Great Niece to move into. My DH already said we can come back on Sunday so I can get into my sewing room for a good length of time since I have been dreaming of sewing in my Work World. Maybe that is the sign that I am ready to retire!

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 05-23-2015, 04:54 AM

I sincerely apologize for not being on here. the first three days of this week I simply.. forgot. yup that is my brain for you then I got this hideous migrane that simply was not going away and no way was I going to go anywhere with lights and reading. I am so sorry I just couldn't!

I didn't get the beach chairs on. I still haven't figured out how to cut them. I had bought rattan fabric to use as the lounge chair seats thinking that no seams.. no strips it would take so much less quilting but then .. it was so hard for me to figure out how to cut it so the rattan was going the right way for the back of the chair but also for the front. so I am going to have to go to plan B and figure out what that is this weekend. clip art has tons of frontal views but few side or back views. frustrating me to high heaven! I will be back in a a day or two at most with my new grand or not grand chairs. wish me luck!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I sincerely apologize for not being on here. the first three days of this week I simply.. forgot. yup that is my brain for you then I got this hideous migrane that simply was not going away and no way was I going to go anywhere with lights and reading. I am so sorry I just couldn't!

I didn't get the beach chairs on. I still haven't figured out how to cut them. I had bought rattan fabric to use as the lounge chair seats thinking that no seams.. no strips it would take so much less quilting but then .. it was so hard for me to figure out how to cut it so the rattan was going the right way for the back of the chair but also for the front. so I am going to have to go to plan B and figure out what that is this weekend. clip art has tons of frontal views but few side or back views. frustrating me to high heaven! I will be back in a a day or two at most with my new grand or not grand chairs. wish me luck!
I tried this Google wooden beach chairs then images. I hope this helps. I have been having headaches also this past week, not fun for sure.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the nice words ladies. I appreciate it!

I got (drum roll?) the chairs cut and appliqued today. I know I did it! I have to put the legs on still but was so happy to get that part done. its done its over and if its not perfect (which its not) too bad. its done and its ok with me. I was so happy to get there that it had me doing turnovers. ok I cant do a turn over or cartwheel as I think they are called. I can think about them however and I was that happy I also go the little tiki hut cut and pinned. so I am getting somewhere. Tomorrow is my good day so will finish that and photo for all to ... pick on lol or give a thumbs up. going for the thumbs up.

if your not doing much work right now on quilting what are you doing? take a pic! share! baby quilts! share! and dfelker I Know you can do this so why not start just a bit and go for it. you wanted to do that photo of the deck and the water.. why not do it? wall hanging size! make a small wall hanging say 24" or so in size.. would be cool to enjoy looking at. you know you want to.. come on girl. give it a try!
Old 05-25-2015, 05:07 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520726[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]520728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520729[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]520730[/ATTACH] this a bit of what I got done this weekend! two blocks for this quilt I am doing on facebook (a mystery quilt) that I decided to use baby colored fabric sorta a kill two birds with one stone and of course my tiki hut and half lounge chairs for this quilt. I need to get the legs on but got over tired so this week its the goal two set of beach chair legs. should be able to do that .. in theory

see dfelker you can do more than one thing at one time! grin.
Attached Thumbnails p1010131.jpg   p1010133.jpg   p1010138.jpg   p1010140.jpg   p1010137.jpg  

Old 05-26-2015, 09:53 AM

CUTE MONKEY FABRIC!!!
Here is what I have been up to...[ATTACH=CONFIG]520775[/ATTACH]along with 3 mug rugs
just so you know I haven't been slacking I am still mentally working on the dock.
Attached Thumbnails project-pics.jpg  
Old 05-26-2015, 11:35 AM

Linda - loving your tiki hut. can visualize out silent hunk making you a drink. And those chairs - wow! looking good. Just remember, there is no ending date - just enjoy the trip
dfelker - you come up with themost original items - love the purples
Old 05-26-2015, 08:04 PM

I haven't been doing any sewing (except mending) and I'm missing it! I want to get started on my trees! Well, outside chores are taking priority right now and life stuff is getting in the way. Your beach is looking great, Brat. All that applique looks like a lot of work. Here is a picture of a Hawaiian beach that embodies peace to me and reminds me of Brat's. It was on TV so I took a picture of the TV.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520801[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1000044%25%25.jpg