Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers! >

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 AM

Default March Fat Quarter Swap! this months theme is: Spring Flowers!

FAT QUARTER SWAP : Spring Flower FQ swap and an Easter side swap!

Good Day to everyone!

We are back to a traditional fat quarter swap this month of Spring Flowers! we will also do a side swap of Easter fabrics!

We will be swapping FOUR fat quarters not five. This lowers the shipping costs and should make this reasonable for everyone to do. That should be more than enough fabric to make at least one wall hanging or a table runner as a gift and surely if you add it to something you have in your little stash you will find you can make something even bigger!

This month we are swapping: FOUR SPRING FLOWERS fat quarters.. a FAT QUARTER MEASURED to be: 18 x 21 with a side swap Easter fabrics for those who chose to do this.
Please cut your fabrics to measure exactly (bigger I am sure is ok) so your partner is not upset if they receive an oddly cut piece or short piece.

First off: SPRING FLOWER FAT QUARTERS. Please pick fabrics from your choices at home of SPRING FLOWERS! think tulips and lilacs and daffodils and other flowers you might see in a spring bouquet. you can chose one blender/tone on tone to go with these if you like!

Second: This is month we are offering a side swap of Easter print fabrics and blenders that tie in with them. In this swap I will post your name and what you want to swap and then you wait! someone interested in what your trading be it pastel blenders or Easter prints religious or not (please state this upfront) and when someone writes to you and you agree to swap please let me know and I will remove your name from that list as soon as I hear from you.

One swap per person. You are free to join both swaps or just one. You are free to include one small item with your swap but this is not an obligation. Think an extra piece of fabric, maybe buttons or sewing pins.. or candy lol but don't go over board so the rest don't feel sad they didn't get the grand prize award too!

You must send a PM to sign up including your board name, real name, address and a phone number you can be reached at in case your package is not sent/received. You must send me a confirmation when you send your item. Per board rules if you do not comply with the above you will risk being banned from other swaps. Be responsible and mail in a timely fashion. If you have a delay for any reason please let me and your partner know why. This is important so don't forget it!

Sign ups until March 1st. Names will be posted by the 2nd. Shipping date by March 10th. So get thinking, start pulling and send in your sign ups today!

ANY COMPLAINTS ARE NOT TO BE POSTED ON THE BOARD. You are to write to me and let me know what the problem is/was and I will deal with it. If you do not comply with this you are not welcome to play again the following month. Everyone has feelings. No one will be singled out for a complaint in public here. Remember that. Be creative! be thoughtful! have fun! post pictures when you get your March package. share the different varieties of fabrics that your partner sent. It is amazing the variety you will see.

Last edited by Elisabrat; 02-18-2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: too many titles on top by mistake !
Old 02-18-2015, 12:20 PM

I'm in...I'm in..
For both

Kif
Old 02-18-2015, 03:09 PM

I would like to do the spring flowers.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:23 PM

theifner, congrats on your being a 3 year cancer survivor!

Linda, I will pm you, but I am stating here as well.....I am in for BOTH. This should be great fun!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:37 AM

you must sign up via PM so please if your new to this send me your mailing address, phone number (for private use only and will only be used if there is trouble with receiving your fabrics). you also need to send me your real name and board name and do you want a theme sent to you of your partners choice or do you want to have your own (tell me) so I can let your partner know when I give partners out. Make sure you come back here on the 1st or 2nd and check to see if partners are assigned. its that simple! tada!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:42 AM

I would like to join this if possible looking for swap that I havent done before and this one seems pretty easy, I am flexable as to what I receive, both would be nice, do I understand that if I say both its is a total of 4 squares with any combo of spring flowers or Easter?
Old 02-19-2015, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
I would like to join this if possible looking for swap that I havent done before and this one seems pretty easy, I am flexable as to what I receive, both would be nice, do I understand that if I say both its is a total of 4 squares with any combo of spring flowers or Easter?
Teri Lynn, if you join both swaps it ends up being a total of 2 yds of material sent and received. You would send four fat quarters of Spring Flower type material or say, three flowers and one blender FQ or half and half, just so long as it is four for a total of 1 yd material.

The Easter swap is the same thing, only Easter themed material or blenders for a total of 1 yd. So, two different themed swaps, but done the same.

Clear as mud right? Did this help at all?
Old 02-19-2015, 07:12 AM

Got it, so 2 different in same listing, that would be great really need stuff for both Easter and Spring, thanks for adding me to the list my PM was sent
Old 02-19-2015, 01:22 PM

thank you, I am a 7 yr survivor now
Old 02-19-2015, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by theifner View Post
thank you, I am a 7 yr survivor now
Awesome! That is even better. I am so happy for you. My mother and my older brother both died of cancer. It is a wretched disease.....no matter what form. Big Hugs to you.