Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yippe! Yippee! Yippe! I Got him! >

Yippe! Yippee! Yippe! I Got him!

Yippe! Yippee! Yippe! I Got him!

Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 PM

Default Yippe! Yippee! Yippe! I Got him!

I have a DSIL that never has allowed me to buy or make him a gift. He is not judgemental, he just doesn't want me to spend any money on him. He has been married to my DD for ten years, and in that time the most he has allowed me to do, is share my "extra" Neil Diamond concert ticket with him.
This morning while talking on facetime with DD, I heard her say "put my quilt back!". His response was "no one ever made me one, so I have to steal yours!" (Hers is pink, gold and white, with yellow flannel on the back, sort of princessy looking because I used to call her princess, very girly) After he left for work, I causually asked my daughter what his favorite colors were. She said purple, teal and bright pink. Guess who is getting a quilt this year! Never underestimate the sneakiness of a mother in law! I have even found some bright pink flannel for the back! Pictures to follow!

Brain storm alert!-
(I think I will mail it to him even though they are not far away, that way he can't say no! Lol!)
Old 03-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Jim

I totally understand...you have to use all your ways to get info for some and be so secretive to finally get just the right gift...and one they are gonna love...good luck on the quilt and make sure we get to see a picture
Old 03-13-2015, 02:53 AM

Looking forward to a picture. So glad you can give him a gift! No better gift than one made by hand and no better handmade gift than a quilt, but seeing as how I am a member of a quilt forum, I can't be too objective. He will be so lucky to have his own quilt.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:29 AM

lol, bright pink? I'm sure he'll love the quilt and your thoughtfulness.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:54 AM

What fun for both of you!!!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:56 AM

That is a pretty unusual set of favorite colors for a man! I think I like him just based on the fact that he's not afraid to like pink! (I can't stand the color, myself, but good for him!)

My DH's favorite color is purple and it's strange how many people react sort of negatively to that.

How fun that you're going to make a sneaky quilt for him! I'm sure he'll be tickled PINK! (LOL, couldn't resist!)
Old 03-13-2015, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

I have known guys like that but never have they had pink as a favorite color. Good for you with your Sherlock Holmes investigating skills. Have fun making it for him. Sounds like a real nice one. I LOVED going to Neil Diamond concerts. So loud you can't hear yourself sing !!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:12 AM

What a great guy your SIL! Cool he loves pink and admits it..bet he eats Quiche, too! LOL
Old 03-13-2015, 09:26 AM

You could sneak it over to the house, boxed up as though it had been sent, and that way you do not have to put a return address on the box. Then when he asks you if you sent it, you can play dumb. He can't give it back if he doesn't know where it came from. He really WILL know, as well as you, but he can't SAY you did.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:35 AM

Sweet!! At first I read it to be sister in law and I was trying to figure out who the "he" was. LOL!!