Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
curved crosshatching rulers on a longarm??? >

curved crosshatching rulers on a longarm???

curved crosshatching rulers on a longarm???

Old 04-21-2015, 12:39 PM

Default curved crosshatching rulers on a longarm???

I have watched several videos on curved crosshatching & am looking to purchase curved crosshatching longarm rulers, not sure which ones to purchase. Deloa's boomerang rulers or Jamie Wallen's apothecary mystic curved rulers? I am looking for any advice on curved crosshatching rulers...your preferences, experiences, etc... Thank you. Christina
Old 04-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

I quilt on my Bernina but I have seen someone on the TV quilting shows demoing these rulers. Got to make sure you are 100% accurate otherwise it will look off kilter.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:11 PM

I have been looking at the ones from The Quilted Pineapple. But now I am going to have a look the two you suggest! I really am trying to invest in ones I will use over and over since they tend to be pricey!

I don't think I would like the apothecary ones because I think the "handles" would get in my way.

Last edited by luvspaper; 04-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:23 PM

I have not tried any of DeLoa's templates, only because I have never seen them used in person. I have Jamie's Mystical Mini with the notch for the foot (used for SID) and I really like the red handle. I am thinking I will get some of his curved rulers. Also saw a short video of someone using one of these for curved stitching and then the straight sides for straight SID. I will see if I can a link to that video.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I have DeLoa's and I LOVE them. Very easy to use. I also have one of her circle busters. I do a lot of continuous curve (pumpkin seed) You don't have to be a contortionist when you use it. I don't like guides with handles. Seems like they are in the wrong place.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

I believe Deloa's rulers are the same degree of circle on the inside curve and outside curve. I have Ronda Beyer's and I love them. http://www.quiltersrule.com/Template...as-rulers.html

Her rulers are a different degree circle on the inside and outside so it is like getting two rulers in one. But that said, there are times I wished the degree was the same so I could quilt in all directions more easily. I have all three of the crescent sizes and the medium Double S. (I might have the large as well, I can't remember)

I too have been looking at the quilted pineapple's curved rulers. They look really nice and like Deloa's they are the same degree on inside and outside and she has a special price when you buy the whole set. If I were to invest in more, these would be the ones I get.
http://thequiltedpineapple.bigcartel.com/