Coeur d'Alene, ID

Old 06-17-2015, 05:50 AM

Default Coeur d'Alene, ID

Son may be moving to Idaho. Any quilt shops when we visit? Would we fly to Spokane, WA and then drive or what. This is still in the planning stage for him but looking for info.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:37 AM

Here's one I found by Googling. http://www.bearpawquilting.net/

There are others.

Less than 30 minutes to the east on I-90 you find the Quilting Bee and several other quilt shops. The QB is an excellent quilt shop, wonderful staff... you will not want to leave!! I have had that problem several times.
http://quiltingbeespokane.com/
Old 06-17-2015, 12:31 PM

Bear Paw in CDA is on the list of the 10 BEST Quilt shops (what year I don't know!) I was just there yesterday. In addition to lots of beautiful well priced fabric, there are lots of classes to take, friendly staff and lots of different needle work. I DO want to say that the repairman at the Bear Paw is excellent... I live in NW WA on the Canadian border but when I come to visit my daughter in CDA and son in Sandpoint I always bring a machine with me to have him service. Half the price of sending it to Seattle and I don't have to be without my machine for so long. (usually takes 2 weeks to get my machine back from Seattle) Plus I TRUST him !! Bear Paw is also a Bernina dealer! There r plenty of good quilt shops in Spokane (about 20 minute drive West!) Hobby Lobby and JoAnn at the Valley Mall, Spokane. Heading North to Sandpoint, I found another quilt shop on Fontaine Dr. just off HWY 95 south of the McDonalds just 2 days ago! I didn't spend much time there as we were headed elsewhere but it looked as if she had a good assortment.. Continue North on HWY 95. There are 3 Quilt shops in Bonners Ferry, ID.. I have not visited them either but a friend of mine was a first time visitor there just last week and was impressed. Also, there are quite a few ladies in the CDA area on this quilt board. Several years ago I had a "meet n greet breakfast" with 8 QB members who live in Montana... After breakfast we went to a Big Quilt Show in Spokane.... fun bunch of ladies.. Hope this helps ! enjoy !
Old 06-18-2015, 04:09 PM

Hancock Fabric is also a good one. It doesn't have the selection that Bear Paw Quilting has in CDA but it is still a good shop. There is a Joanns and of course Walmart. At Bear Paw you sign up and when you have spent so much you get a gift card. Can't remember what the amounts are, it's been awhile since I got a card but was worth it. I live in Coeur d' Alene and go to BP often.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
Would we fly to Spokane, WA and then drive or what?
My husband travels to Coeur d'Alene for business. He flies to Spokane, then drives. It's about 40 minutes.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

Spokane has several quilt shops, and Coeur d'Alene has Bear Paw Quilting, also Lyle's Fabrics....
Old 06-19-2015, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Here's one I found by Googling. http://www.bearpawquilting.net/

There are others.

Less than 30 minutes to the east on I-90 you find the Quilting Bee and several other quilt shops. The QB is an excellent quilt shop, wonderful staff... you will not want to leave!! I have had that problem several times.
http://quiltingbeespokane.com/

I used to live in Idaho - Boise/Meridian/Eagle area - visited BearPaw twice - AWESOME shop!! There are some shops in the Boise area as well if you'll be down that way.....Quilt Expressions is great.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:26 AM

These are all good suggestions! We visited shops in ID and WA when we visited Coeur d' Alene several years ago. It's fun...a couple even have "Man Caves" for the men to wait while you're shopping. Can't go wrong with the Bear Paw! If you Google 'qullt shops in Idaho" and the same for Washington, you'll find the current shops with phone numbers to check hours. Have fun!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:05 AM

Not about quilting, but other things to do....when we go that direction, we LOVE to eat Greek food at the Whitehouse Grill in Post Falls. It is THE BEST ever Greek food! When you get about a block from it, you can smell the garlic! We also like to go to the Buck Knife Factory in Post Falls...
Old 06-19-2015, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
Spokane has several quilt shops, and Coeur d'Alene has Bear Paw Quilting, also Lyle's Fabrics....
Lyle's went out of business over a year ago. Too bad, they had nice fabric. But the owners said people weren't buying like they use to so they had to close.