Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice! >

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

July Mug Rug Swap: Summer time fun! Makers choice!

Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

I learned about tea wallets from PeginCo, who made me one in the secret pal swap last year. I love them!
Deb, what a happy coincidence that red is your favorite color. I didn't realize that everything I sent had some red in it. I guess I have to say I love reds too. Glad you got your package, safe and sound. I'll be watching for mine. Please take your time.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=sewbizgirl;7251387]I learned about tea wallets from PeginCo,...QUOTE]

sewbizgirl- I think the tea wallet is a awesome idea. I have a feeling that you may have opened a lot of minds to another creative outlet, mine included

I really do like everything you sent. The chocolate fabric is just yummy!

The corners on your mug rug gave me a fit. After three times of hand stitching down the binding, I threw in the towel and machine stitched it. Not my best work by a long shot, but I can live with it; at least my corners are square now.

If I get my act together, your package can go out in the early mail tomorrow.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 07-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Deb pretty mugrug. love the flip flops.
Brat, Halloween is not a devil worship day, so what's the problem with it?
I love one for each holiday. i'd love a Frankenstein head for Halloween. that would be so cute. so if you get me, you know what to make.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Deb, sorry you had so much trouble with the binding on my MR. Just do what's simple and easy.... I machine stitch all my bindings, but you can't tell from the front. I never did 'get' why bindings had to be hand stitched or the quilt was "defiled" (LOL, JK). If the rest of the quilt is machine stitched, why not the binding? You can get it looking nice that way too.

On the topic of themes, "Harvest" is a lovely alternative to halloween. We choose not to celebrate halloween at our house, but we love that time of year and God's bounty and beauty that is all around us.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Power Poster

I like the idea of a theme. gives me something to go on. I also like to know early,
this way I can get it done.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:17 AM

sewbizgirl-your package is on it's way!

For anyone interested in making a tea wallet, www.handmadetherapy.ca has a free tutorial. I've never seen, or heard, of them until I received the adorable one from sewbizgirl. Pretty sure I'll be doing up a few of those for gifties.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 07-09-2015, 04:31 AM

I love the idea of a tea wallet Whigrose! I carry tea bags with me to clinic each and every day. They are just lose floating around in my purse and it sure would be nice to have somewhere to put them. Great idea , see ladies! Stick around here and your wheels get spinning and next thing you know your whipping up little things like.. tea wallets and mug rugs!

Sewbizgirl cant wait to see what your getting from Whigrose! bet its grand and wow its so nice to see someone who was worried about corners. I am really good at getting 3 out of 4 corners squared. What is with that? the 4th corner on my mug rugs is always slightly rounded. I unfold it refold it try again and still .. round. I will get the 4th down yet. Its easier on a full quilt than on a mug rug for some reason. maybe more room to play? who knows. I am a tad jealous when I see it here though.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I love the idea of a tea wallet Whigrose! ...
I didn't know about them until sewbizgirl sent me one. It's pure adorable! So I went poking around and came across the tut just in case others were interested.

Best,
deb
Old 07-09-2015, 06:04 AM

Sewbizgirl, what a cute mug rug and goodies you made for Whigrose! There's a tutorial for one type of tea wallet in Tutorials here...I've made a few of them and was given one a couple of years ago...it's always fun!

ljdugas...your package is on it's way!!! Hope you like what I did for you...
Old 07-09-2015, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Sewbizgirl, what a cute mug rug and goodies you made for Whigrose! There's a tutorial for one type of tea wallet in Tutorials here...I've made a few of them and was given one a couple of years ago...it's always fun!

ljdugas...your package is on it's way!!! Hope you like what I did for you...
I am sure I will love it. sent yours out today!!!