Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need best advise for displaying small quilts and tablerunners at our fall bazaar. >

Need best advise for displaying small quilts and tablerunners at our fall bazaar.

Need best advise for displaying small quilts and tablerunners at our fall bazaar.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:04 PM

Default Need best advise for displaying small quilts and tablerunners at our fall bazaar.

I will onky have a 6 ft table so not nuch space.I as thinking of using a metal quilt rack in addition to the tabke as lying them flat does not present things very well. NO sure . as to how much access at the sides of the table.Somehow to stagger the display would look better- if any of you have suggstions thet are welcomed. There will be roughly #50 entries.Sitting in line ar 8am for 2 hours not my idea of fun.0p
Old 09-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Could you prop tall ladders against the wall behind the table and hang them on the rungs? 50 is a lot!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:26 PM

The quilt rack is a good idea. Another option would be if you have any wall space & can affix a piece of felt/batting/thin wool blanket to the wall, you could pin quilts to the "design wall". Don't even need to necessarily have the entire quilt showing for all of them. You could layer them so they just show 4" or so (1 row) of each design & let people flip through them (make sure to put some PinMors or pencil erasers on the back of your pins or you will be picking up pins & quilts all day long).

When our guild had our bi-annual show last year, they pinned the table runners to moveable walls (the foamy cubicle walls often found in offices). It looked really nice ... but of course, we have over 80 people in our guild with almost 200 entries & we charged $8/day or $10 for 2 days admission so we could afford to put up fancy displays like that. I'm sure whatever you do will look beautiful and people will enjoy all the hard work everyone put into their quilts.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:19 PM

You could use A-frame step ladders to display both sides. Chairs could also be useful under the table on their front with back sticking out to put some quilts over.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:35 AM
Power Poster

Be sure to use the front of you table with some items hanging off the table.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:23 AM

A wooden clothes drying rack offers lots of options, and folds flat for storage.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:47 AM

I googled how to display quilts at a bazaar and a pinterest board came up with some neat pictures.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
A wooden clothes drying rack offers lots of options, and folds flat for storage.
Nice idea but do they still sell those things. Reminds me that I have a newer lightweight metal clothes dryer- hanger which may just work. I think it folds up.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ukdame View Post
I will onky have a 6 ft table so not nuch space.I as thinking of using a metal quilt rack in addition to the tabke as lying them flat does not present things very well. NO sure . as to how much access at the sides of the table.Somehow to stagger the display would look better- if any of you have suggstions thet are welcomed. There will be roughly #50 entries.Sitting in line ar 8am for 2 hours not my idea of fun.0p
Yikes- sorry about my typos. My neuropathy effects my touch typing.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

If you are really limited by space, you might set up some sort of rod or clothesline, hang hangers from it, and use clothespins or other pins to pin the items to the hangers.