Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
white on white quilts >

white on white quilts

white on white quilts

Old 09-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Power Poster

Default white on white quilts

about 15 yrs ago, I made white on white quilt. it was done in block by block, quilt as you go method.
I'm looking for a pattern to do another one. does anyone know where I can find the pattern to do another one. I don't know where to look, and tried everyplace I know of. Help Please!! TIA.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Wish I could help but without a picture, not sure what the pattern looks like. Did you just do hand quilting each block with a different design? SORRY
Old 09-22-2015, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

I too am having difficulty understanding what kind of quilt you did. Was it varying shades of white and cream done as patchwork or was it plain white blocks with different quilting designs done in white thread, kind of like a wholecloth sampler only blocks? Was it some sort of pre-printed package/kit?

You might want to try googling quilt as you go wholecloth or monochromatic quilts for inspiration.

Edited to add, I just found this.
https://www.goldenthreads.com/shop/p...ilt-as-you-go/

Last edited by feline fanatic; 09-22-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

it was a block quilt. each block had a different design incorporating hearts.
I had to trace it myself. it was a hand quilted block by block. THen you put the blocks
together and added a border which I scalloped. Very easy and quick, as each one was
hand quilted separately. I hope this helps. thank you.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Fel fanatic, it's similar to that but about 12-18 different block designs. I need the designs to trace to do it.
thank you for getting back to me.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:39 AM

White on white quilts are often made with one large piece of fabric on which a beautiful quilting design is traced . Then the quilt is assembled and the traced lines are quilted. They can be made in blocks too. Google white on white quilts on Pinterest and see what you get. There is at least one company that offers already traced designs and all you have to do is assemble and quilt, but I don't know the company name.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:35 AM

I have done two white quilts. One lap size and the other bed size. Each was a solid sheet of premarked cream colored fabric. It makes hand quilting a breeze since there are no seams to contend with. It is a great way to perfect your hand quilting. If you want to give it a try start with a table runner or even a placemat. You will either love it or hate it. Good quilting.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:46 AM

All I know are jelly roll patterns for right now. I'm a seasoned beginner and I've worked with fat quarters before I switched to jelly rolls. JR patterns are so much easier to work with. Please try youtube.com and you will find new patterns there. All you have to do is watch quilting videos. The designs are so cool. Hope this helps. Skypony
Old 09-23-2015, 11:38 AM

Lynnie - I know the quilt blocks you're talking about - it was a white-on-white quilt that came in a box with the individual quilt blocks that you traced and then quilted. I bought the pattern a long time ago when I was into hand quilting, but never got around to actually starting even one of the blocks. I checked my library because I thought I might still have the pattern packet, but I must have donated it to the library, knowing it was a project I would never get to. Sorry!
Old 09-23-2015, 11:56 AM

check out coloring pages . Maybe find some flowers or other design that you can use. Or quilting designs would work. You can get many ideas from searching the web. I hope to do one myself someday.