Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-18-2015, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
buddy'smom and starshine, thanks for answering me! I am checking ebay and doing a search for stores online that sell pieces of wool.
I wonder if I can use the felt squares that you can get at JoAnn's? They are made of cotton? but seem to have the properties of wool felt. I also think there are books on the subject. Think I will check the library.
I found a pattern for a pincushion and a matching needle book. Depending how it turns out, I wonder if my santee would like one. hmmmmmm
Hi Sunrise450- since you are local to me, I can answer this. The Quilted Cottage on Main St. in St Charles has a wool room, and if you PM me your contact info, I can put you in contact with Cindy in our guild (flower valley) who is our resident wool expert!
Old 10-18-2015, 05:32 PM

maybe i:ll be nice and show the finished product
Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
maybe i:ll be nice and show the finished product
Oh Pretty Please with Sugar on it........I really want to see how it turned out!!
Old 10-19-2015, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Oh my Goodness........the tote is Gorgeous!! I know that I am going to LOVE it. I can' wait to get it in the mail!
Sorry, SulaBug, but this bag is flying far, far away.

Now I have to pick out some fat quarters. I cleaned and reorganized my sewing room yesterday. Now it looks more like a quilting room and less like a storage room. I have hundreds and hundreds of fat quarters, but I just can't decide. My MIL passed away in January 2014, and her entire sewing room has been stored in mine. I just started going through her stuff. It seems that she liked Christmas fabric as much as I do. I'll bet I now have 50 - 75 fat quarters and 30 yards of yardage of all Christmas. I'm gonna have to make a lot of stockings. I will probably make a stocking for my Santee.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:55 AM

I love anything embroidered and wish I had an embroidery machine. Maybe one day I can afford one.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:07 AM

Thanks for the newsletter, I will check into it. I lived in Nebraska for about 7 years., Chadron for 6 years and Gering for almost a year. I got my Home Economics degree at CSC.

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
Robinlee, do you get the Pixie Faire newsletter? She gives away a pattern every Friday, almost always to fit the American Girl doll. Check it out if you don't get her newsletter. Her patterns are reasonably priced too. When my girls were little I made clothes for their Barbies too. I was really glad when they outgrew those Barbies. Those clothes were so painful to sew!
Old 10-19-2015, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post

Do you like Christmas fabrics? Yes, can never have too many!

Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes) Would love to have the Curve-It ruler

This should read the Quick Curve Ruler. Just got a newsletter from Massdrop listing it for 35.00. Went to Craftsy where I thought they had it for 15.00. I was right. Craftsy has it for 15.00. Pays to shop. But what a difference in price. Maybe I miss read the Massdrop newsletter. Whoops, that 35.00 includes the choice of 3 patterns. That sweetens the pot. LOL

Last edited by dottie dodge; 10-19-2015 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:51 AM

I am sitting in my new sewing room looking through a box its got some good stuff in it oh look at this isnt it so pretty opps i cant show you its for my secert santa
Old 10-19-2015, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie1958 View Post
I am sitting in my new sewing room looking through a box its got some good stuff in it oh look at this isnt it so pretty opps i cant show you its for my secert santa
You are such a tease!
Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM

Oh, I took time this weekend to get good pics of everything that goes in my box. It's all yummy!!!