Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quiltsmart Phone Bag Pattern >

Quiltsmart Phone Bag Pattern

Quiltsmart Phone Bag Pattern

Old 11-07-2015, 08:49 AM

Default Quiltsmart Phone Bag Pattern

I bought the instructions and the kit for the Quiltsmart cell phone bag because it was advertised as being good for the newer, bigger cell phones. I made one, and it is a little short (from bottom to top of the finished bag) for my I Phone 6. Has anyone used this pattern and made adjustments for height? With all the folds involved, I'm unsure how to go about this. I'd be grateful for any ideas.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Can you just make the top flap longer, or does the pocket really need to be deeper?
Old 11-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

That is a great idea PaperPrincess. I would contact whoever sold you the pattern and tell them the problem that this doesn't fit your phone.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Can you just make the top flap longer, or does the pocket really need to be deeper?
Thanks for your response. Making the top flap longer was my first thought. However the bag is made of one piece and is self-lined, and I think the folds that create the pockets would be out of line if I did that. I may just take the finished one apart and play with that. It's a great little bag, though and perfect for a slightly shorter phone.
I did contact the seller to tell of my experience.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:41 AM

Good morning lizzyq. We're thrilled to have your feedback! We updated this pattern to fit the newer phones just before the Iphone 6 was released, we will take another look at this and see what improvements and/or enlargements need to be made to accommodate the growing phone sizes. For assistance with making this pattern as well as information regarding whether or not it can be enlarged, feel free to give our wonderful customer service ladies a call 541.241.7544. Wishing you a wonderful day, happy quilting! -Mandy at Quiltsmart