Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for Christmas Gift Ideas for Quilter >

Looking for Christmas Gift Ideas for Quilter

Looking for Christmas Gift Ideas for Quilter

Old 11-19-2015, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
Check her browsing history to see what she has been window shopping for.
Now you are a sneaky woman!! I love you!! LOL, I would have never thought to look there!!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:11 AM

Dennis, You are awesome! There isn't very many husbands that would come on here to ask advice from us for your wife's gift. Most of them wouldn't even think about it. You did the right thing though because this board is the best. All of the gifts mentioned are great ideas. I think if it were me I would want a Visa gift certificate so I could go where I wanted & buy what I wanted. Tools are very important in quilting to make the process go smoothly & if she only has 1 ruler then she might want a different size. My faves are the 61/2" square & the 61/2" x 13" & the 15" square. I use all of them a lot. Also I love my 24" x 36" cutting mat. Another tool I got recently is the battery operated seam ripper. I don't know how I managed all of these years without it! lol You said she already has a rotary cutter so she needs a supply of blades too. These are just some of the things that I love & makes my quilting experience the best it can be. So much easier now than years ago cutting everything with a pair of scissors & hand drawn templates made from empty cereal boxes! lol Done that many times. Whatever you decide to buy her for Christmas she will love it because it came from you.

Dennis, You are awesome! There isn't very many husbands that would come on here to ask advice from us for your wife's gift. Most of them wouldn't even think about it. You did the right thing though because this board is the best. All of the gifts mentioned are great ideas. I
Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 AM

I don't know what happened to my post above but it is weird. A lot of strange things this morning online. To start the link in my mail for the daily digest wouldn't work. It still doesn't so had to just go to the Quilting Board & go to the daily digest. Must be a glitch somewhere. Sorry about that!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:25 AM

What a sweet hubby you are! I agree a gift certificate to a local quilt shop.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:54 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I've decided what I'll get, but I'm not going to post it here in case she finds this thread. I am going to point her to the thread after Christmas, just so she knows how lucky she is

Dennis
Old 11-19-2015, 09:54 AM

How about extra bobbins for her Bernina and new 1/4" foot if she doesn't have it. Lots of great suggestions. I have the Go machine and like it but it's a personal thing. Maybe a small gift basket made up of some of the items listed here and a gift certificate wrapped pretty with some of her favorite coffee or tea items and cookies etc.
And yes, let her read these posts. My DH is thoughtful but he would not go on line to get help from quilters......probably wouldn't cross his mind.
Have fun gift hunting!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:11 AM

Tuck her gift certificate to a favorite on-line or neighborhood fabric store into a new QUILT CALENDAR! I really enjoy the "engagement" calendars because there is a picture for each week instead of one per month, but the ones that include patterns for the pictured quilts are also fun. I'd also go for one of the "block-a-day" ones.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 PM

If se doesn't have one,I'd get her the long Slidelock ruler with the 'lighted" edge, then maybe a gift certificate of some other things.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:23 PM

take a look around her sewing room and see if she has a small iron that she can use by the sewing machine to just set the seams as she sewing, I have one and really like it. one of those rotating cutting mats would be nice. maybe an extension table for her sewing machine. maybe some new feet for her sewing machine. hope this helps
Old 11-19-2015, 07:59 PM

Dennis, I know you've made your decision but thought I'd still throw my two cents in. I've been sewing a long time and one of the best gifts I've ever received was a really good scissors. I added a long fabric tail to the handle and my family knows they can't touch that scissors! It was a very nice gift. Add your gift card or fabric packs and it would be a hit, guaranteed! Have a Merry Christmas!!!