Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15) >

February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15)

February I Spy Swap is OPEN (until Feb. 15)

Old 02-01-2016, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the "plug" for the birthday swap Sewbizgirl........ Our birthday swap is so much fun. We really become friends getting to know each other over the year. We also share plenty of pictures of the projects we make with our sweet candy squares.

Barb
Old 02-01-2016, 08:58 PM

Glad you received my package Sewbizgirl. Looking forward to getting back the goods.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Glad to do it, Barb. I love the birthday swap.

Now, for THIS swap, I will leave the sign ups open until the 15th, as stated, but if everyone gets their swaps in to me earlier than the 28th, we can wrap up early. As soon as I have the last package in, I will swap these adorable I Spy squares and get them right back out to you. It's pretty quick and easy now, since we are swapping bag for bag. Hope everyone remembers to put their board name and state on each bag...
Old 02-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Debating about joining...I've been in a couple before, but want to make 2 quilts that will be close to twin size. So I might be needing more then I have.

Are holiday fabrics allowed?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:07 PM

Hello, I'd like to join this swap for at least 8 bags but most likely 16. I just want to confirm, this fabric should be pre-washed?
Old 02-02-2016, 05:38 PM

I did not sign up for holiday fabric. Please use other fabric as this is a 5" square swap & no way to hide holiday theme.
I mailed today, should arrive this week.

sisterly hugs,
dj
Old 02-02-2016, 07:26 PM

Not sure what you mean "no way to hide holiday theme" ? I didn't plan on all holiday fabric. I do realize it's NOT a holiday swap and that it is 5" squares swap of novelty fabrics. I do believe that holiday fabrics can be considered novelty. But I am rather a newbie so that is why I asked first. Apparently I stepped on toes and that was not my intention...sorry!
Old 02-03-2016, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the swap, JckieP! And grandma23 we would love to have you join.

I did not specify that the fabric had to be pre-washed. Some are cutting from their scraps and may or may not have washed their fabrics first. So, either way is fine.

When I make I Spy quilts I always put in holiday fabric, but not just Christmas. I have Easter, St. Pats Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas and some birthday cakes if I can find them. For this swap I would say a holiday fabric was ok as long as it was specific objects a child can identify. Please limit them to one per bag, just to keep everyone happy.

The squares are starting to roll in, and we are still gaining new swappers. This is going to be a great swap!
Old 02-03-2016, 08:11 AM

sewbizgirl, thanks for the holiday fabric clarification. One per bag is alright I guess, although I didn't send any. I save them for the holiday swap & to use in holiday projects. When piecing smaller charms, most holiday fabrics blend in well in samplers, postage stamp, string quilts, etc. without giving an overall holiday affect to the project. I am not offended by the question & hope I didn't offend anyone with my response, if so, please forgive me!
hugs,
dj
Old 02-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

We will be getting back either 80, or (most of us) 160 charms, so it's inevitable we will not like or have use for every single one.... but that's ok. There will be plenty more in our swap that we will love and use. Let's focus on the positive!

I got another package of I Spys today... from Cheya! Thank you for getting those mailed.