Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Anyone else not receiving the newsletter/digest? >

Anyone else not receiving the newsletter/digest?

Anyone else not receiving the newsletter/digest?

Old 01-21-2016, 08:16 AM

Default Anyone else not receiving the newsletter/digest?

Haven't seen anything in my email for several days. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 01-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

There have been previous posts on this subject. Did you read them? Management of this site has no control over this 3rd party service. I just log onto QB and go directly to WHAT'S NEW and get the info I want.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
There have been previous posts on this subject. Did you read them? Management of this site has no control over this 3rd party service. I just log onto QB and go directly to WHAT'S NEW and get the info I want.
Then why offer the opportunity of receiving the newsletter/digest? I do log into the main website for the quilting board to read posts. Just asking if other people were having the same problem. Sorry for asking!!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:35 AM

I did have the same problem for several days ...I would receive the e-mail and when I tried to open it...I got a blank page....it was corrected without my doing anything in 3 or 4 days....I just looked up the main section for pictures, etc. but like you...I prefer the e-mail version...
Old 01-22-2016, 07:00 AM

It comes and goes....today it's working, but tomorrow?.... I click on it, if it's there fine, if not I go the other route...I do like it too, because it is in digest form....like the old readers digest( is that still around?).....anyway, I quickly read the ones I want to, then click on home and delve into the rest!
Old 01-22-2016, 10:09 AM

Yes, I was missing my daily email/newsletter for a few days. I'd get a blank page with a "server failed" "reload" I tried googling to get on and it failed as well. We found it was a combo problem, we had a threat(?) of a virus. Some how my ability to receive QB had been blocked. Weird...
I truly miss QB when it goes MIA. Have been on QB for 2-3 yrs now, this is a relatively new problem.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:35 AM

I haven't been getting my emails either. I know you can get to it through resources, but the email was so convenient!
Old 01-23-2016, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by weasier22 View Post
Then why offer the opportunity of receiving the newsletter/digest? I do log into the main website for the quilting board to read posts. Just asking if other people were having the same problem. Sorry for asking!!

I agree. Shut down the newsletter digest since so many have issues with recieving it. Hit "what's new" instead. My theory has to do with what email provider people use. No one ever posts what email provider they ise. That may be the issue. I use Yahoo. Never had any problems recieving the digest.

Sandy
Old 01-23-2016, 04:26 AM

Lots of us seem to have (or have had) this situation. I had my problem a couple of years ago. I sent emails that were never responded to. So, one day, I just clicked it into the search box and it came up. I tried signing up for the newsletter digest again and it never worked. So, now I just click on it in my list of most visited sites. I have a son who is a soft engineer and he said that there are just untold numbers of things involved. Some involve the domain holder and the software they use (and the patches the provider installs) and the search engine subscribers use , automatic updates provided, etc. The long story, made short, is that I found a way to view the board and I will enjoy it.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by quilterpurpledog View Post
I have a son who is a soft engineer and he said that there are just untold numbers of things involved. Some involve the domain holder and the software they use (and the patches the provider installs) and the search engine subscribers use , automatic updates provided, etc. The long story, made short, is that I found a way to view the board and I will enjoy it.
what she said.i just did not know how to express it.
sandy