Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 02-10-2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by 7armadillos
I would like to do this but I have a problem. We live way out in the middle of nowhere. If I have already done my monthly shopping trip, I have to wait till next month to get fabric or buy it online and wait who knows how long for it to get here. I do have a lot of fabric here at home, but if I don't have anything suitable for the assigned block, then what? Can we pick someone who wants a block in colors we already have on hand?
Unfortunately, I pick partners at random. :(
Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 AM

Many of us are open to doing more than one block a month, you could cruise the list. Find themes that could work with what you have on hand and pm the other person to see if they are open to an extra block.

I would like to do this but I have a problem. We live way out in the middle of nowhere. If I have already done my monthly shopping trip, I have to wait till next month to get fabric or buy it online and wait who knows how long for it to get here. I do have a lot of fabric here at home, but if I don't have anything suitable for the assigned block, then what? Can we pick someone who wants a block in colors we already have on hand?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 AM

Here's my cute block from BRT for the February swap. Yours was mailed yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11199.jpe  
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 AM

Great Blocks!
I have blocks sitting here in the envelope waiting to go to the post office for JaneCat.... Sharing one car between DH and DS, won't make the post office today, storm coming....maybe tomorrow:)
I will post pictures later today of two blocks from JaneCat, I love them, you did an awesome job! Thank you!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM

Great idea NorBana. Due to time constraints, I don't have a star by my name to be available for sideswaps, but I'd make an exception here for your circumstances 7armadillos.

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Many of us are open to doing more than one block a month, you could cruise the list. Find themes that could work with what you have on hand and pm the other person to see if they are open to an extra block.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 AM

loving all these great new blocks that have been posted! 2Doods gifted me with a new one at the OR/WA open house on Sunday. I'll post a picture soon.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Great idea!! Would this work for you, armadillo? You can check the list at:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a....jsp?gracnum=7

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts

Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 PM

Krazy4quilts - your block will be in the post tomorrow.
Hope you like it!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 PM

OrchidQuiltFish(OQF): Your blocks are in the mail. Hope you like them!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 PM

Love them, can't wait to get them.