Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Enlarging twister wreath >

Enlarging twister wreath

Enlarging twister wreath

Old 02-21-2016, 01:01 PM

Default Enlarging twister wreath

I have the twister wreath pattern. I want to make a Christmas Tree Skirt but don't know how to increase the size. Instead of using 31/3" squares I can use 5" squares. I need to enlarge the wreath size but don't want to just add borders. This pattern only offers one size.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2016, 01:15 PM

I bought a twister ruler at Joann's with coupon that had multiple sized squares. I think it was June Taylor. They have a 60% coupon good til tonight. If you have cardboard, or template plastic, you could probably make your own, just larger.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

You will have to change the proportion of your template.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:37 AM

There is a formula on where to do the twister lines on the template. Sorry can't find it not sure if it has been deleted. Will keep looking
Old 02-22-2016, 09:46 AM

Try this site it shows how to mark the twister template http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/how...-template.html
You will need to check with paper before committing to fabric as its not the site I initially used for mine.
i have an idea just jumped in my head that June Taylor as a twister that goes up to 10" template to purchase
Old 03-02-2016, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Marti1943 View Post
I have the twister wreath pattern. I want to make a Christmas Tree Skirt but don't know how to increase the size. Instead of using 31/3" squares I can use 5" squares. I need to enlarge the wreath size but don't want to just add borders. This pattern only offers one size.

Thanks
Cut your squares 5". Your border that you add before cutting your pinwheels will have to be increased to I think 3 1/4" or 3 1/2" (I can't remember off the top of my head....look at what it says with your ruler). Layout your squares like the design, sew them together, add the border and then begin cutting. Then sew your squares together forming pinwheels. There is a Twister tree skirt pattern out there. It is called Tree Skirt Twist. It has instructions for a tree skirt and a table top tree skirt or table topper. The pattern is by Handcrafts By Jennifer. It uses 5" squares for the large tree skirt. The waste can be used to make the smaller size tree skirt or table topper.