Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PFAFF Creative Performance machine Model from year 2013.... >

PFAFF Creative Performance machine Model from year 2013....

PFAFF Creative Performance machine Model from year 2013....

Old 02-28-2016, 10:46 AM

Default PFAFF Creative Performance machine Model from year 2013....

Can any one give me any and all comments they might have about the PFAFF Creative performance machine? First generation from about 2013. Trying to figure out if I should take this as a gift or not. I have no knowledge of this manufacturer. Please , no bashing...just an honest assessment. I only quilt and do not have much of a desire to embroider so I am not sure I would want to pay for it. Jus asking for any help. Thanks so much.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Not sure, but I think there are different model numbers associated with the Creative Performance.

It might help to know a little more about the circumstances of this gift. Would someone be purchasing it for you? If you are gifted with it, are the circumstances such that you would not feel right giving it away or selling it?

Pfaff has an excellent reputation in sewing machines, so I wouldn't worry about that. However, some people hate the machines that other people love. Sewing machines are very personal items, similar to cars. I personally would probably not hesitate to accept a 2013 Pfaff sewing machine, but I do not know if this specific model has downsides to it.

Would you want links to reviews online? patternreview.com has customer reviews of a wide variety of sewing machines.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:46 PM

Pfaff is an excellent brand--I've been using them since 1977. I bought my first one in Germany then. I now own 4 of them and love them all!
Old 02-28-2016, 04:49 PM

I love my Pfaff machine. I bought my first on in 1994 and have owned Pfaff since. I started with a very basic machine and then traded up to a 7550 and from there to a 2144. Now I have a Creative Sensation Pro and love it. I have never had any thing go wrong with any of my machines. I have then cleaned once a year and have had wonderful results.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:23 AM

I have that machine without the embroidery part. IMO it is an excellent sewing machine and there is an hr. long youtube demo on how to use it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XRCghCq_wI. I don't know which model you are wondering about, but they're all very similar.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:44 AM

Thank you all for your answers. So appreciated. I believe this one is a Creative Performance 4.5? It was purchased in 2013 and has not been used for over a year. I would make an offer on it but I want to make sure it had some value to me. And that the machine has a good reputation for the long run. I am currently not into the embroidery aspect .... I quilt and it would be a nice thing to learn the machine. It is owned by a family who wants to dispose of it and they are not looking to wait very long. They know nothing about sewing and the only other resource for them is an estate auction. I just am not sure what a fair offer would be. Or if my possible offer would be better elsewhere. Not soliciting on this forum so please do not misconstrue my question. PM me if it is a more appropriate way to answer. Again thank you.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:51 AM

I think it is a good machine lots of fancy stitches, if you have a dealer close to you for servicing at least once a year I would say GO FOR IT!
Old 02-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

I found these completed listings on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...p2045573.m1684

Only the amounts in green indicate an actual sale. Any price in black means it was offered but not actually sold. Since I am not sure exactly which model you are looking at, I advice checking the photos to find something that looks similar to the machine you are checking out.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:28 PM

Thank you again for your help.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:26 AM

I own this machine and have well over 1000 hours on it. I purchased it in 2013. The machine was replaced one by Pfaff as the motherboard fried doing a heavy embroidery. Was back in for repairs for a broken part caused by overheating during another embroidery session. Was back in again for a serious tension problem. When sewing I have not had a single issue. When embroidering the machine does great right up until it overheats. I consider this to be a design flaw with the machine. I would not purchase it again for embroidery, but would as a straight sewing machine. Hope this helps.