Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Great Sunday Evening With My Son >

Great Sunday Evening With My Son

Great Sunday Evening With My Son

Old 05-30-2016, 07:20 AM

That sounds wonderful. Once in a while I get one on one time with my grown daughter and I really cherish those memories.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:28 AM

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I miss having date nights with my kids.

It is funny though, my son turned 20 last month. I planned to take him out for dinner to a restaurant he had asked about a few months before (fine dining, so a real treat). The day we planned to go for dinner, he changed his mind and asked for homemade pizza instead. He was moving out the next day and homemade pizza was more of a treat for him that a meal in a restaurant.

Pizza night was a Friday night tradition in my home for about 5 years. It is the one thing that stayed the same after me ex left.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

You are lucky he lives nearby.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:31 AM

My guess is that he cherishes these visits as much as you do. You are both blessed.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Such a wonderful way to spend your day!
Old 05-30-2016, 09:45 AM

Those are the best times, just relaxing together. Your son sounds like a wonderful person.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:44 AM

That sounds so wonderful. We don't go for drives anymore, which is too bad. When I was little we used to do it at least once a month in the summer time. I love road trips just for that reason. You have raised him well.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Such nice memories many of you have shared too, and some nice compliments. Thank you!
I am fortunate that he and my daughter in law live close by. Some of you that have your children live farther away it does make your time with them so precious, and others who haven't seen theirs for a very long time, I hope you find a way to see them.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:08 AM

Love spending one on one time with my kids and now my grand kids!
Glad you had such a nice day.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 AM

I had a great day yesterday with my oldest daughter, she turned 50 this past Feb. and is expecting 2 grand babies this coming July and Sept..I was in the process of making the Sept one a baby quilt from the granddaughter's request..the other granddaughter expecting in July bought her bedding ready made.. so my daughter decided she wanted to make the July baby a quilt...so she picked out the fabric, and she hasn't sewed a lot over the years....so she came over yesterday, we picked out a pattern, and she designed how she wanted the block, cut the pieces, (her first time with a rotary cutter and rulers..) she ask why the glove on the left hand...I explained how safe it was when you used a rotory cutter... I set up a folding table for her, and put my Mom's featherweight on it, with a ironing pad on the right, iron and scissors and she had plenty of room on the left for her pieces for the blocks...she sat there an sewed and did a beautiful job, didn't need a ripper at all...did her 1/4" seams and everything matched up...and she did 12 blocks, finished at 12", 3 wide and 4 long, with sashing and finished that quilt by 11 pm last night...she was so proud of herself, and I was amazed...I had the pin cushion with the bag hanging down, for her clipped threads, and believe it or not, one time I looked and I didn't see a thread on the floor...now over to where I was sewing, quite a few around my chair...LOL She said she had a good time, but wasn't ready to do it as a hobby...she did think she would like to make another one using scraps from the quilt I was doing for the other baby...the one in July is a boy, their first and the one in Sept is a girl which has a 6 yr old brother waiting on his little sister.... I finished piecing the one I was working on, now I have two to get quilted...but got to send the tops to have their names embroidered on them first...
My younger daughter said quilting is not for her...too tedius... I love it and we grew up under my Momma's hanging quilt frames from the ceiling...she quilted all our lives...and we lost her in Feb 2004 at 93 years old...I have a lot of her quilts...she sure didn't have any fancy tools...mostly paper pattern and a pr of scissors...I think about how she would have used the tools we have now...she quilted up until the last two years of her life....I'll be 74 in Aug...and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon...got too big of a stash!!!!