Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Why give your money for this nasty stuff? >

Why give your money for this nasty stuff?

Why give your money for this nasty stuff?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Default Why give your money for this nasty stuff?

http://organics.org/11-disgusting-na...-in-your-food/
Old 06-10-2016, 08:07 AM

Great article thank you for posting
Old 06-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Can't be all that bad. I'm 65 years old, 66 next month. Have never been a fan of a lot of this like the Kraft Mac'n' cheese or much of the other foods. Many of the food colorings such as "red" comes from the actual beet vegetable. I am not about to give up my Jif peanut butter. So that itty bitty piece of whatever caught in between your tteth just might be a beetle bugor mouse hair or the excrement of a beaver berry. It might kill one's appetite if they think about it in the middle of a meal but by the next morning it will be forgotten and back at it. Everyday we wake up we are told it's a good day if we are vertical. I still believe it and I believe it's because of what I have eaten, drank breathed from the day before. So those beaver berries really can't be all bad and the mouse hairs are good fiber. Hmm wonder if there are is any testicular fortitude from rats included in our food for extra stamina!!
Old 06-10-2016, 08:49 AM

And that is why we pray before meals ;-)
Old 06-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

I know it probably won't kill me but I refuse to give my money for it when I can buy good ingredients and make it myself. I won't be making my own cheese though or growing my own rice.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

I make a lot of my own food. Like mac'n'cheese. I hate the box. DH likes the hamburger helper meals. Personally, I won't give it to my little fur baby Brutus. I think it looks worse than any dog food I've ever seen except gravy train. That's what I call it. I rarely buy canned vegetables. I fix my own green beans fresh. I won't buy frozen veggies with their godawful cheese sauce. I used to love to eat Twizzlers but last time I went to bite down on one, I broke a tooth and my upper plate almost flew out of my mouth. (glad I was home for that one). Never any kind of canned potatoes. gagging here. Bought some boxed potatoes one time and pitched the potaoes and the rest of the box. too easy to make your own. You go through the same steps and who liked dehydrated (powdered cheese)?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Too much scaremongering going on in that article. Carrageen moss is a small frond like seaweed that has been used to thicken foodstuffs for many years before gelatine or agar agar become popular. I am not sure why boiled up animal bones (to obtain gelatine) is preferable to a product that grows - a form of seaweed. Very well known in Ireland for years as a setting agent for use in puddings/desserts e.g. panne cotta, and savoury dishes. It is foraged from the seaside, and does need rinsing to remove the taste of the sea. As with other things in life, this knowledge often disappears in a generation.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:39 AM

Ewww! BUT, I'm NOT giving up my Cheetos, wine, or M and Ms regardless of what is in them!!!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:48 AM

I don't read this kind of article. I want to enjoy my meals. Lol
Old 06-11-2016, 05:01 AM

Default Nasty stuff?????

Anyone with pets will eat more animal hair than they realize. Not to mention letting pets lick you on the mouth.