Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Signature/Album/Memorial Quilt (including photos) help request >

Signature/Album/Memorial Quilt (including photos) help request

Signature/Album/Memorial Quilt (including photos) help request

Old 11-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Hi all,

I am in charge of creating a "signature" quilt for our minister who will be getting married and retiring in Feb. Can anyone suggest a great pattern? I want it to be scrappy in nature, and we intend to also include photos of her time with us.

I also would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me on the photo transfer process. We want the quilt to be USED by her and her new husband. So it would be terrific if you could advise how best to transfer photos to muslin so they can be washed and used.

I know someone here will be of great assistance to me.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Odessa
Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 PM

I just did a sig quilt this summer for my mom's 80th. Didn't use photos, so can't help you there. I did signatures and we used the 05 pigma pens, heat setting them after signing. I used a 6" block, Indian Hatchet if you put 4 together.

I did a search on webshots for memorial or birthday or anniversary quilts and found lots of ideas. Here are a couple
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...79995222uRsrCv
This one here I loved, because if you look closely, or actually far away, you can see the blocks turned and make a cross in the center.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...47360074juhTFz
I have no idea who these women are, but loved their quilt!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Hi all,

I am in charge of creating a "signature" quilt for our minister who will be getting married and retiring in Feb. Can anyone suggest a great pattern? I want it to be scrappy in nature, and we intend to also include photos of her time with us.

I also would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me on the photo transfer process. We want the quilt to be USED by her and her new husband. So it would be terrific if you could advise how best to transfer photos to muslin so they can be washed and used.

I know someone here will be of great assistance to me.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Odessa
For transferring onto muslin I use Bubble Jet Set and Bubble rinse. It prepares the muslin to take the ink and sets it. I use it in my regular inkjet printer. Iron the prepared muslin onto freezer paper and put it through the printer.
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3446-AA.shtml

This is just a link I googled. It tells you about it and how it's used. You can google it and find other sites.