Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

The grain bin houses are amazing. They look really HOT to me, but maybe they have that worked out. What a great quick solution to the housing problems after a hurricane.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Happy Birthday, QNS! You've had a special birthday this year because of your improved eyesight. :-)
Old 09-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
The grain bin houses are amazing. They look really HOT to me, but maybe they have that worked out. What a great quick solution to the housing problems after a hurricane.
I thought the same thing, but they have addressed ventilation issues to carry off the excess heat. They even have systems that save rain water to use on plants...I can see using small solar panels on these to generate electricity.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:43 PM

I nearly missed your b-day Sue!!! I hope it was a happy one. HUGGS my DF. Here is hoping that ya can get a LA. Maybe ya can find a good (hardly ever) used one.
My hopes & prayers are still going out to all the hurricane victims. It jsut boggles the mind at how much damage has taken place in the last month!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Happy Birthday, QNS! You've had a special birthday this year because of your improved eyesight. :-)
AMEN! What better birthday gift than better vision?
Old 09-28-2017, 05:04 AM

I agree, SBG and Givio, sight is a wonderful blessing. I was looking through so much gray matter, I had not realized how bad it was until it was fixed. I say "Thanks" to the Man above every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to bed.

DS has helped a young couple with their baby get settled into a small travel trailer or will this weekend. Even though he has a house full of DIL's folks...Mother and two adult children, he took in a couple that needed help. FEMA is not helping very much at all in Houston, neither is the Red Cross and he is short tempered about it. And the situation gets worse as you head back toward Corpus Christi, Tx., as Port Arkansas, Arkansas Pass and Rockport and Portland was flattened. They are sending their school kids out to other districts as their schools are not in shape to use. Business and Industry are wiped out, area losing all jobs and incomes and it is a mess. Big business like HEB grocery chain has been busy feeding the people and first Responders. I am continuing to pray for them, for shelter and food and clothing and help to provide it. Texas was hit by a Hurricane five, Florida with Hurricane Three, so it was not hurt as much. Islands were hit hard in PR, as their building code was not like Florida's. Money 'lost' in PR was mainly Trump's failed golf course.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

Having lived through a hurricane and the disaster it left, I can say they do bring out the best and worst in people. Just like a tea bag... when it's dropped into hot water, what is inside, comes out. So it is with people in hot water. I am glad to say the people I encountered showed their best in helping each other and keeping a thankful attitude.

It takes time under normal circumstances for the devastation to be rebuilt, but when we have had one storm right on the heels of another, over and over, the resources get stretched very thin and everything takes even longer. There's no magic wand. But God is still in control and only allows what we can handle to happen.

Very sad for Puerto Rico and everywhere else affected... their lives will be a long time in getting back to normal. There are so many places for us to send money to help.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 09-28-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

I just read today that a woman died of a flesh eating bacteria that she contracted from flood water in her home in Houston. Horrible. Especially when you see all those pictures of people in the water...
Old 09-28-2017, 05:21 PM

We lucked out in our twenty years in Corpus and never had a major hurricane there. DS experienced Celia and look at maps showing the elevation of the land and bought where it was high in elevation. The weather man in Florida warned the young kids in Florida to get out of the water, that it was bad for them to play in; they looked at him in disbelief but cleared the area. Some times we are our own worst enemy in keeping healthy. I ate a wonderful NY strip steak dinner tonight at my hometown on the square Steak House...for my Birthday. Wonderful taste and flavor. Dh had shrimp, large and perfectly done.

Dr CLark said I had 20/20 eyes again and got my driver's license renewed again. Felting good about the seventy five years of life.

Finally, no going any wehre for five days...can sew and sew and sew. Hooray!!! May the days be good for all of you.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post

Dr CLark said I had 20/20 eyes again and got my driver's license renewed again. Felting good about the seventy five years of life.
Wow... you've got your wheels back! How exciting is that?