Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Do you keep pics of your herd of VSM'S?? >

Do you keep pics of your herd of VSM'S??

Do you keep pics of your herd of VSM'S??

Old 08-09-2016, 06:20 AM

Default Do you keep pics of your herd of VSM'S??

Was just looking at the albums I have in my profile. I can see I haven't taken pics of all of the machines in my herd. I know i have about 50 full size machines and I know i have added a few child sized machines to the collection. Gonna have to get busy and catch up.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

You should take a photo of each child !!
Old 08-09-2016, 05:07 PM

Weeelll, yes. I have a file cabinet for sewing machines and each machine brought home gets a folder with the info on the date and where I got it, how much I paid or if gifted, condition with before pics and after pics when I have them, if it has a manual, table, etc. I also jot down what I think it may need and if it takes anything special like needles etc. that are out of the ordinary or hard to find, and then I name it..LOL

I try to keep good records it really makes it easy when someone asks about a machine or needs pics or parts or needs a section of manual printed out for them. I keep the manuals in the files also. I can go to the file cabinet and see if I even have anything to help them out.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:23 AM

No, I haven't taken any photos of my machines. I have about 20 machines at least but will be giving several away to a place in Minnesota that repairs them and sends them out to women who need machines. I just don't need all that I have but I will still keep about 10 of them at least. I fell in love, what can I say ?
Old 08-10-2016, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Weeelll, yes. I have a file cabinet for sewing machines and each machine brought home gets a folder with the info on the date and where I got it, how much I paid or if gifted, condition with before pics and after pics when I have them, if it has a manual, table, etc. I also jot down what I think it may need and if it takes anything special like needles etc. that are out of the ordinary or hard to find, and then I name it..LOL

I try to keep good records it really makes it easy when someone asks about a machine or needs pics or parts or needs a section of manual printed out for them. I keep the manuals in the files also. I can go to the file cabinet and see if I even have anything to help them out.
Wow, that is a great idea. I don't think I can come close to your info on each machine as I have about 80 but I do have pictures of most of them and have tried to get all of their parts as well as the manual.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:21 AM

I own 7 machines, and now I don't feel so guilty about it. I've been tempted to buy more, but so far I've managed to control the urge.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:30 AM

I had 12 and thought that was a lot. I will be moving at some point and thought....each one of these machines will be a trip to the moving truck (not to mention the rest of the household), so sold 5 of them pretty quickly but have been having a hard time deciding which of the remaining 7 I can part with...a 15-91 has been a struggle. I took it out and took pictures of it to put online for sale and while writing it up, looked at the gorgeous stitches in the picture and haven't been able to post lol!! My devil's advocate says this one especially is pretty common and I should be able to come across another when I get to where I'm going, so I should just do it....
Old 08-11-2016, 06:09 PM

I am behind with pics also. I have 120 machines. Each one has a poly envelop with information about the machine, what came with it, manual if any etc. One suggestion, if the seller has pics, ask them if you can get copies or save them and use them as if your own.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:14 PM

ok, where do you put 120 machines?
Old 08-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Banned

I live in a 720sq ft. mobile home and have 60 machines. I have pics of many of my machines, but I should start some sort of inventory list to keep track of them. I have a few that I can't remember where they came from. I'm moving soon into a larger home and having a 120sq ft. shop built. I'm afraid my herd will grow when I'd rather pare it down.

Cari