Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 12-24-2016, 09:15 PM

Ladies,

I wanted to update everyone on the botched box that Marcie received along with my sincerest apologies.

Marcie,

First of all, I need to apologize, It was brought to my attention how disappointed & unhappy you were with your S Santa package. After seeing it- I am embarrassed to say the least.

Now for an explanation - not an excuse just info.
---I had reconstructive food surgery middle of Nov.
----ten days later I shattered my big toe (yes on the same foot) Dr said it looked like a cracked egg.
--- next Monday night our daughter was in a wreck that sent her to the ER with a broken sternum & totaled our car
----that same Week on Friday night her boyfriend called us & he was taking her to the ER ----she had passed out on him.
---- She was still unresponsive when we got to the ER
----we had issues at the hospital & I had her transferred by ambulance to the hospital we use with her ( she has multiple health issues has a shunt in her brain- and medic port in her chest all due to multiple 'rare' disorders)
---- my husband travels 48 of the 52 weeks a year- he leaves on Monday AM & comes home on Fridays. So I was 'handling all this with out him

Now amidst all this I was trying to get your package put together. I bought the verigated thread (I thought you wanted). I did not realize it was for embroidery machine -u till now.

As for the calendar- that was by mistake I bought 2 of them on for you one for me. I was looking for the design- 2016 & 2017 were mixed in together. I kept picking ones up I liked & seeing they were 2016 & had to keep hunting. I obviously kept one if the 2016 by mistake. I never "looked" at IT again as once I got home it went into the bag I had for you.

The paint brushes- I guess I should of sent an explanation. I have se them ALL the time - the small one works great for lifting lint out of your machine & for sweeping the inside of your bobbin case.

The big one I use for brushing away the tine bits of thread after having to use a seam ripper.

The batik strips - well now that's embarrassing & I am truly sorry for this.. you had asked for batiks, I have all kinds divided up & grabbed some to send from my stash. Thinking they were an assortment. I did not open them, I did not check them I am truly truly sorry for sending this to you. Please please forgive me.

If you will read my profile I have positive reports of swaps. I pride myself in sending nice packages b/c I too have received several sad swap boxes over the years. I know how it feels & never ever wanted anyone I sent a package too, to feel this way. And yet it has happened. I had too much going on & should of backed out, but I didn't want to flake out on Teri - or you. I have nothing more I can say except I am honestly sorry for having sent this sad package to you.

I WILL be sending a make up box right after CHRISTmas. So please be on the look out for it.

Thank you for your time tonight & I hope you can find it in your quilting heart to forgive me.

Please let me hear back from you.
LaQuitaThank
Old 12-24-2016, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Ladies,

I wanted to update everyone on the botched box that Marcie received along with my sincerest apologies.

Marcie,

First of all, I need to apologize, It was brought to my attention how disappointed & unhappy you were with your S Santa package. After seeing it- I am embarrassed to say the least.

Now for an explanation - not an excuse just info.
---I had reconstructive food surgery middle of Nov.
----ten days later I shattered my big toe (yes on the same foot) Dr said it looked like a cracked egg.
--- next Monday night our daughter was in a wreck that sent her to the ER with a broken sternum & totaled our car
----that same Week on Friday night her boyfriend called us & he was taking her to the ER ----she had passed out on him.
---- She was still unresponsive when we got to the ER
----we had issues at the hospital & I had her transferred by ambulance to the hospital we use with her ( she has multiple health issues has a shunt in her brain- and medic port in her chest all due to multiple 'rare' disorders)
---- my husband travels 48 of the 52 weeks a year- he leaves on Monday AM & comes home on Fridays. So I was 'handling all this with out him

Now amidst all this I was trying to get your package put together. I bought the verigated thread (I thought you wanted). I did not realize it was for embroidery machine -u till now.

As for the calendar- that was by mistake I bought 2 of them on for you one for me. I was looking for the design- 2016 & 2017 were mixed in together. I kept picking ones up I liked & seeing they were 2016 & had to keep hunting. I obviously kept one if the 2016 by mistake. I never "looked" at IT again as once I got home it went into the bag I had for you.

The paint brushes- I guess I should of sent an explanation. I have se them ALL the time - the small one works great for lifting lint out of your machine & for sweeping the inside of your bobbin case.

The big one I use for brushing away the tine bits of thread after having to use a seam ripper.

The batik strips - well now that's embarrassing & I am truly sorry for this.. you had asked for batiks, I have all kinds divided up & grabbed some to send from my stash. Thinking they were an assortment. I did not open them, I did not check them I am truly truly sorry for sending this to you. Please please forgive me.

If you will read my profile I have positive reports of swaps. I pride myself in sending nice packages b/c I too have received several sad swap boxes over the years. I know how it feels & never ever wanted anyone I sent a package too, to feel this way. And yet it has happened. I had too much going on & should of backed out, but I didn't want to flake out on Teri - or you. I have nothing more I can say except I am honestly sorry for having sent this sad package to you.

I WILL be sending a make up box right after CHRISTmas. So please be on the look out for it.

Thank you for your time tonight & I hope you can find it in your quilting heart to forgive me.

Please let me hear back from you.
LaQuitaThank
Laquita, I hope you are all recovering. The rest of us understand how life can attack us all at once, and some things get missed. Thank you for having the grace to explain your lapse. I just knew no one would send a sad gift like that on purpose. Hugs and happy holidays to every one of you. I will pray for all of you.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:41 PM

Things happen to all of us, this is why I mail as soon as I make the commitment. Several big spools of neutral quality cotton thread, machine needles, and a few Fat quarters. These are quilting and sewing items that always work , we all need. That is a quick package to put together with the allowed budget. $6.80 for mailing.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:13 PM

Laquita, it takes a courage to explain and apologise. God bless you and I hope 2017 sees your foot and all other health, wealth and family issues are on the improve. Hope you had a good Christmas, love & hugs from me
Old 12-26-2016, 07:39 AM

Laquita, I've been following your unfortunate series of events this holiday season and offered up healing prayers for you. You're apparently undergoing your Steel Magnolia test! I have never had you as a swap partner but have participated in the same swaps as you have and know that you send out nice packages and are a good swapper.

I admire your courage and grace in handling this situation here publically and am sure that we all understand and sympathize. Sending you and your family best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Old 12-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Ladies,
I thank you all for the kind words and understanding. I plan on getting the replacement package in the mail as PRIORITY, tomorrow.

On a side note, to further add to my mistake this Christmas season, I was buying our 5'2 daughter a pair of petite sweat pants and our 6'1 son in law, matching tall, gray sweatpants. I was sorting through trying to match from the men and women's departments. Putting different sizes and colors back. Got home, wrapped the and when he opened his they too were women's petite sweatpants!!!!! I sure hope 2017 do sent start off like 2016 is ending ! !
Happy New a Year to you all!!!!!
Old 12-27-2016, 08:06 AM

I would like to thank my Secret Santa for the box she sent to me. She studied my information and I love her intuitive and creative items she took the time to make my Christmas season more bright. She was exceptionally generous and thoughtful in her selection of items she included in the box.

I did not open my box on opening day for reasons I have shared privately with my Secret swap partner, the box was opened with great anticipation on Christmas morning.

May everyone have a healthy New Year, doing whatever makes their hearts sing.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:44 AM

I can definitely vouch for LAQUITA's thoughtful pal packages. She is in the SP swap and her packages have always been great and she has been a great swap partner.

LAQUITA, just by writing what you did shows the type of person you are. There are so many who would never even begin explain like you did; much less than to make it right.

Hope that life begins returning to normal in 2017.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:41 PM

OK Ladies..........I am in the mood to do some more sewing & have searched my stash for just the right fabric to start making the first gift for next year's Secret Santa box!! I am please to say that I have everything that I need to complete this project, so it's not going to cost me anything. It will be a FREE item in my new partner's package for this coming year. Wish me LUCK everyone & continue enjoying your S.S. packages that you have already received for this year.

Last edited by SulaBug; 12-27-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Sulabug, I think your idea of asking things people like so you can begin on some projects for the next year is great. That would be a great idea throughout the year to have a thread of its own to help others out for ideas. People could even share once in a while things they find when out looking around without necessarily naming the places for others to think about. Then everyone could have a start with lots of fun throughout the year, and still find out some main specifics the SS would want when they get their special name. Just my 2cents.