Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Confetti >

Confetti

Confetti

Old 02-26-2017, 10:08 AM

Default Confetti

This is just a little chat about confetti. I happened to hear about this confetti art stuff and decided to check it out. Low and behold, this is so wonderful, now every bit of fabric, no matter how tiny, can be used. I am working on the La Pass quilt and did some right after with all the little scraps and look at it!

I just put down an old cutting board and start cutting it to pieces, check out utube to see a video. I then bag them according to value and color. this way you can make shade and highlights. I intend to make hand bags and maybe a hanging art or so.

I also got the Martellii cutters, oh my, where have these been all my life? You can cut until the cows come home and no wrist or finger strain, I don't even feel like I am cutting anything. This cutter is very, extremely, ergonomic and I have two now.

You see the table I am working on? That is the Martellii cutting and machine table, and it is adjustable, all electric. I just had to get the Long arm sit down sewing machine, when I saw it at the quilt show in Orlando. I am now officially banned from going to shows hahahhahaha. I first bought the machine then called hubby. I had a fit over this machine and he said, get it hahahhahahah now I am banned lol. The Ladies were laughing their heads off listening to me.

The machine is just like a regular long arm except you sit and guide the quilt under it like you would on a regular machine. Once you press the foot, you just go to town with your design and no need to worry about the thread breaking or whatever and of course the throat is huge. I got it because I can sit and play...

The show was such fun. My friend and I bought some wool felt and a kit or two. I have not been out of the house in such a long time, don't want to anyway, but this was an enjoyable day. I can wait to do some confetti something.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0004.jpg   dsci0005.jpg   dsci0006.jpg  
Old 02-26-2017, 10:58 AM

That looks interesting. I'll have to do some research because I'm not sure how you attach those little bits to a quilt?

Watson
Old 02-26-2017, 11:17 AM

Pulling my hand dyed scraps out of the garbage right now to slice, dice, and bag!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:34 AM

Watson, after I have chopped all those crumbs, I put them on the base fabric that may have a quick sketch on it if you want it to look like something specific, usually add a puff of spray adhesive or just some washable glue stick. Sprinkle the crumbs where you want them. I then puff on spray again gently so the crumbs don't get blown away, carefully lay on top a layer of tule or netting and pin a bit to hold in place. , and just meander away to quilt it all together. You can also couch fancy trim under the foot. Try it, it's fun.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:23 PM
QM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Watson, after I have chopped all those crumbs, I put them on the base fabric that may have a quick sketch on it if you want it to look like something specific, usually add a puff of spray adhesive or just some washable glue stick. Sprinkle the crumbs where you want them. I then puff on spray again gently so the crumbs don't get blown away, carefully lay on top a layer of tule or netting and pin a bit to hold in place. , and just meander away to quilt it all together. You can also couch fancy trim under the foot. Try it, it's fun.
That's how we did it in our guild class. Not my style, but well worth trying.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:34 PM

I will do it this way. First you need a product called, "bo- Nash". You can get it at amazon., it is a sprinkle on glue. Lets say, I have a background already prepared with sky etc or whatever. I can fuse a tree on there and then sprinkle some BN and put a teflon sheet over it and iron it one. I think you would then put like an organza or tule over it and quilt it etc....when I get my stuff together I will do a tut on it. In the meantime check on utube etc.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:36 PM

you can also take some brown and yellow confetti and sprinkle for ground and put leaves on the trees...it is so fun looking..
Old 02-26-2017, 02:55 PM

Ok, I got so happy chopping that I chopped too fine. Caution:it turns to pulp if you chop too much and that will loose all your color. scrape a bunch that is chopped to the side so it's not included with the rest as you are chopping. I was doing it over and over. lesson learned lol
Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

very interesting
Old 02-27-2017, 04:47 AM

I have done a confetti wall hanging, and still have a bunch of confetti, still in bags, would you like them? Otherwise, they're going into pet beds, would be happy to send to you.