Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is this a good deal on HQsixteen? >

Is this a good deal on HQsixteen?

Is this a good deal on HQsixteen?

Old 03-03-2017, 07:15 PM

Default Is this a good deal on HQsixteen?

Seller asking $2500 for HQsisteen as described: Would this be a good deal?

Handi Quilter Sixteen long arm quilting machine with built in stitch regulator. User manual included. 10' HQ Portable Professional Frame and manual. Needs 10' table. Set Up on 8' table for photos. Has 4 10' rollers, three with Handi Quilter leaders. Also included are ten-foot light assembly with traveling outlet for machine, set of Red Snappers, ruler table and assorted accessories.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:56 AM

That is a great price if it is in working order. I used to have one but upgraded to the Avante but liked my sixteen. I also had the pro-stitcher that sells for almost 8K. I used my pro stitcher a lot and still do. If you add it to the sixteen get the latest they have. I cannot upgrade what I have as it is too old and not upgradeable but I am happy with what I have, it does all I need but the extra stitching area is nice. You may want to add extra support to the 10' frame. I had mine the full length and did manage to do king size quilts on it. The phone help from HQ is terrific.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:58 AM

Sounds like a good price to me.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 AM

that is a fantastic price if it is in working order! I would purchase a better table but it would be well worth it. I have the HQ16 with prostitcher and paid a whole lot more than that. I use the red snappers too and those plus the light assembly are extras. I would not let it get away if you are interested in LA'ing. I love mine. I would even in get if I had a second home in Texas! (my husband would probably like to move back to Texas as his mom lives north west of Forth Worth so it wouldn't be to hard to pick it up and move it there!) I'm just not ready to make second home purchase there.....