Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Information on Shipshewana, Indiana >

Information on Shipshewana, Indiana

Information on Shipshewana, Indiana

Old 05-05-2017, 03:07 PM

Default Information on Shipshewana, Indiana

My dh and I are going on a long trip back east and stopping at Shipshewana Amish Country. Could anyone give my some of the best places to stop-especially quilt shops and furniture stores. We are looking for a bedroom set and love the Amish furniture. Any info on great places to stop in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

If you know your route you could check for stores all along the way. My sis and her hubby went from Calif. to Washington and hit many stores on the way. It was wonderful. Just write to town name and quilt stores and see what happens.

Have a great trip.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:44 PM

Yoder's, Cotton Corner and Lally's are my favorite quilt shops in Shipshewana. Have fun!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:54 PM

Google LaGrange County IN for a listing of all that's in the area. The Shipshewanna Quilt Show is 6/21 to 6/24. It's a large show and well worth seeing if you'd be going through the area about then. There is a Studebaker Museum that's interesting. It's right by the venue where the show is held; many antique quilts were displayed on the cars. There are also the quilt gardens around town. There is also a nice furniture store in town. It is a great area with many things to see. You may want to plan at least two days there if you're able to go to the show.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:27 AM

Yoder's and Lolly's, for sure, and don't forget to visit "Lolly's Downstairs" (in the basement of the same building) where they have all their sale fabric! And for a sweet treat, be sure to visit Kukui's for some AMAZING shave ice. Say hello to Cindy there for me. It was always a must to stop there to celebrate after shopping!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:56 AM

Been there and loved it. Wonderful stores, happy and helpful people. I love all things Amish. I have a maple three pole quilt frame made by an Amish man. The ratchets are all hand carved and fit together beautifully. It is a treasure. You can't go wrong with Amish furniture. Enjoy the trip.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:22 AM

Down the road a little bit is a place called Zinck,s in 1444 S. Lincolnway, Ligonier, Indiana. Great prices. I am planning on going on June 6th with the ladies from church for a ladies day out.
Mary
Old 05-06-2017, 04:02 AM

And the bakery with those huge cinnamon rolls. Chicken dinners and lemon pie. We went on a 8 store shop hop when there last year. I just didn't spend enough money at the Cotton Corner. Can't wait to go back.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:16 AM

Yoder's annd Lilly's downstairs are my favorites. We stay at the Blue Gate. You won't have any trouble finding Amish furniture and great antique shops. I love Shipshewana and will be there in late June for the quilt show.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:41 AM

You didn't say when you would be coming through, but as GrandmaJo pointed out the 21-24 is the quilt festival will lots of extra going on. Since you are headed east (depending on your route) you will be close to a lot of great shops. Both Erica's and Stitch-n-Time are in South Bend, Sew Creative Threads is in Elkhart, there is an RV museum for the hubby, in Bristol is Lavender Patch and in Middlebury is the Pumkin Vine and Essenhaus that has a quilt shop, restaurant and other shops. There are a lot of other backroad attractions as well. If you do come through let me know and maybe we can arrange a meet!