Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops in Dallas Fort Worth >

Quilt shops in Dallas Fort Worth

Quilt shops in Dallas Fort Worth

Old 06-01-2017, 08:34 PM

The 'Quilt Asylum' has closed. There are still two shops in McKinney 'Stitched With Love' and 'Happiness is Quilting'
Old 06-04-2017, 07:33 PM

Please note that The Quilt Asylum has closed brick and mortar stor, only online now. Happiness is Quilting has moved in the same building or area as where Quilt Asylum had been in McKinney, right off Hwy 75 and Louisiana.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sephie View Post
So bummed about Quilt Asylum! I wondered why Google said it was permanently closed when their website was clearly up and running. I didn't poke around (trying not to be tempted) so maybe they had something on their website to indicate the closing. Bummer.

Quilt Country is only about 25-30min north of Irving, depending on what part of Irving you'll be in.
Quilt Asylum bought the store that was in downtown McKinney...I THINK they are renovating the old store to move back into... my sis and I were there in May and if I remember correctly that is the plan....
Old 06-17-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by running1 View Post
Quilt Asylum bought the store that was in downtown McKinney...I THINK they are renovating the old store to move back into... my sis and I were there in May and if I remember correctly that is the plan....
I hope you are right, but it is not logical that they would open a brick and mortar store again. The decision to close a business is a long thought out process. The idea that someone would go so far as to close, sell the equipment and fixtures and then go back and buy back those same things they just sold for 10 cents on the dollar, doesn't make sense. It especially doesn't make sense if they are retirement age.

bkay
Old 06-17-2017, 11:19 PM

My quilt shop "home" is Stitched With Love in McKinney. I love that place.

Other favorites of mine are Urban Spools in Dallas, Not Your Mama's Quilt Store in Plano, and Sew Fabricated in Pantego (Arlington area).