Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 >

Singer Quantum Stylist 9960

Singer Quantum Stylist 9960

Old 07-19-2017, 04:15 AM

Default Singer Quantum Stylist 9960

Kept hearing about it and gave in and purchased. Love it! The box feed dogs work just as good as the IDT.
Did a lot of research and learned that the first one of these there was trouble with bobbin locking up. They fixed the problem and reproduced. You can tell the newest by a large blue design on the bottom right.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:31 AM

Congratulations! Wish you the best of luck with it
Old 07-19-2017, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

congrats on your new machine
Old 07-19-2017, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

I have a Quantum 9240. Very few of the first 9240 were made. It is an excellent machine. It has a better stitch then my Bernina. The bobbins for it are unique to that model. The ones that are listed as will work will not and cause a lot of problems. I had to show the dealer the original bobbin and the new one side by side before he would acknowledge there was a difference between the newer bobbins. They looked alike but the newer one was more domed, only noticeable when side to side with the original. Singer does not make the original bobbins for my machine any more. I have a good supply though.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I remember when I got my new machine. What a wonderful feeling. Have fun!
Old 04-05-2020, 07:03 AM

My Quantum Singer 9960 is hanging the top thread in the feed dogs have clean bobbin case. And the thread keeps jamming when sewing thru several pieces of fabric. what am I missing (lightweight cotton fabric)
Old 04-05-2020, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ss1929 View Post
My Quantum Singer 9960 is hanging the top thread in the feed dogs have clean bobbin case. And the thread keeps jamming when sewing thru several pieces of fabric. what am I missing (lightweight cotton fabric)
Sorry I can't be of help to you other then to be sure the bobbin is the correct one for that machine. Have you checked youtube? I have found many problem solved there. I loaned my Singer Quantum to my niece about three years ago. She needed lots of mending done and honestly giving her a machine to use was better then doing the mending for her. LOL She did it all and I told her to keep the machine. She still uses it. My model of this machine has the foot petal that runs on air from the machine. I still don't know how that works but it does. I had to replace the foot petal because I got a pin hole in the air line and it wouldn't sew.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sunny580 View Post
Kept hearing about it and gave in and purchased. Love it! The box feed dogs work just as good as the IDT.
Did a lot of research and learned that the first one of these there was trouble with bobbin locking up. They fixed the problem and reproduced. You can tell the newest by a large blue design on the bottom right.
This is the machine I have. I absolutely love mine so far and I've been working mine pretty hard.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:00 PM

Default 9960 Bobbin case help?

Hi all,

I have owned my Quantum 9960 for 6 years now and love it! It has definitely made me a better quilter all these years.

After my last routine maintenance ( pre-covid), my bobbin case started having issues and will not stay in place. I have bent two needles when it just rotated while piecing. Now it looks very loose. A replacement part online looks too be 75$ but I'm not sure it's an original part.

Anybody run into this issue? I brought it to a sewing repair shop and paid $$$ and it worked, and then went back to same issue after a month. Brought it back under warranty and it got fixed and then after 6 months, same issue. Help?