Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
This is my marriage and all my friends marriages to a tee. >

This is my marriage and all my friends marriages to a tee.

This is my marriage and all my friends marriages to a tee.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
My little guy in my avatar is Cash. Cash is 17 years old now and going strong. I've had one live to be 18 and a couple live to me 16. My friend had one that lived to be 20! They are pretty long lived.
What breed is Cash? A real sweetie.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
What breed is Cash? A real sweetie.
He's a long haired dachshund <3
Old 08-18-2017, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
We just spent the weekend with our cat and Daughter's dog in the house. Not good! The cat was just fine, he gets along with anyone/anything. But the dog gets along with no one. She is not allowed in Doggie Park because she picks fights with the other dogs. So one or the other had to be outside. (The dog was just itching to go chase those cows across the road, so she had to be firmly tethered.) When we wanted both of them to be inside, one had to go to jail. The dog's jail was Daughter's bedroom or the cat was locked into the laundry room.
it sounds like the dog needs some firm training.......I would be very leery having a dog that was anti-social....
Old 08-18-2017, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
it sounds like the dog needs some firm training.......I would be very leery having a dog that was anti-social....
This dog is not anti-social with people. But she must have grown up having never seen another animal. She is actually a therapy dog and goes with our daughter on rounds to see Hospice clients. She does love people, just not other animals; I should have made that more clear. She is much too old to change now.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM

Before me DH was a lifelong strictly dog person, I can take credit for is new found love. He loves, loves, loves his 3 kit cats. When I tell his family how much he loves his cats they look at me like I am half crazy. Lol!! They cannot fathom that DD can really love a cat.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

I love posts about cats and dogs. They are always so funny!!! I'm a four-legged lover for sure.
Love all your stories
Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
He's a long haired dachshund <3
Cash_Mom- that's a dachshund???
Old 08-21-2017, 04:44 PM

This is the second time I read this thread. The first time I called a friend with an animal rescue and read it to her. We laughed and laughed. This time it seemed even funnier. I love this quilting forum because it's like visiting with a bunch of friends. I find myself with about 16 cats right now but need to find good adoptive families for about 10 of them. I took 2 moms having kittens to save their lives and a litter the people were moving and going to throw the kittens out into the trailer park, "someone will feed them." They were 3 months old and the baby only weighed 18 ounces. They are all healthy and well and I love them all so much but I am getting old and need to find them younger families. I am alone and have enjoyed your pet stories so much. And the 'weird' fabric post was a hoot also. Thank you for your friendship.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

I took 2 moms having kittens to save their lives and a litter the people were moving and going to throw the kittens out into the trailer park, "someone will feed them."
I hope those people have nothing but bad luck and are miserable for the rest of their lives! How despicable can someone be!
Thank you ByThePiece for your kind heart. I am a rescue pet person too. No store bought pets for us.

I live in a area where stray cats seem to show up. When one shows up I entice it on my screen porch, put in carrier and then take to vet to be spayed or neutered. If it stays around then at least no babies. I keep cat food out every day year round. DH says I'm feeding the raccoons but that's okay too.

Last edited by Onebyone; 08-22-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:57 PM

When I was a kid we had a cat that had kittens, and my grandmother found a stray mom-cat with kittens in her trailer park that were about the same age and brought her to us to take care of. My mom was mad, but my sister and I were thrilled! Our cat had seven kittens, the stray had four more, so we had 11 kittens! Both mom-cats were black, and they didn't seem to care whose kittens were whose and raised them all together. So cute. All these black and white kittens, except three orange tabbies.

We found homes for all of them, despite my sister & I pleading to keep them all!