Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt retreats >

quilt retreats

quilt retreats

Old 08-23-2017, 12:12 PM

Question quilt retreats

How many quilt retreat days do you attend a year? How do you hear about them? What is the cost per night?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

This year I am doing 3. Two are at a quilt store and one is at a beach house. These are organized by friends so even the long drive for me is worth it to see my peeps. The cost varies. $175 + hotel and
Old 08-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

i went to 2 this year, both in the spring. the cost was about 160 for 3 days including meals
Old 08-23-2017, 02:28 PM

I am going to two this fall. One is put on by my guild. It'll be $118.00, two nights, three days, all meals included. We will share rooms but this is an incredible price. The other will be more expensive, three nights, four days with a class given by a national quilt teacher and all meals at an inn with a goodie bag too. This person puts on one of the best retreats I've been to. I've never been to the first place but it sounds nice.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:32 PM

Last spring 4n/5d, all meals, DYOT (do your own thing), Christian conference grounds,
Old 08-23-2017, 04:14 PM

Is this market research, Craft camp? What good deals are you offering?
Old 08-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Going to a four night, three hot meals plus two snacks per day, 24 hour open coffee and drink station, classes if you sign up or just sit and sew. Rooms are single, double or triple. It cost me $460 total for sewing room access 24 hours a day, meals, two classes and triple room. The retreat is held in a retreat center. Security and insurance is $50 per person which is the registration fee. I park Wed afternoon and don't leave until Sunday afternoon. Beautiful grounds, lake, walking trails, exercise room, laundry, maid service, it's just fantastic. Another retreat my sew group of six goes to is more isolated, cost more, but the three meals a day are gourmet cooked by a chef. We pamper ourselves at this one. Both retreats I sew until I drop. I quit going to retreats where I have to cook, bring food, or have kitchen duty.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:49 PM

2 a year--Fall is 3 day, 2 night at Christian retreat camp and cost $192 includes meals, 3 to room, private bath, do your own thing. Spring is either 3 days/2 nights for same price or 4 days/3nights for about $240--same place and set-up. i've done the 4 days/3 nights at Spring retreat a couple of times but am so tired after 3 days that i'm thinking that is best for me. these prices include about $20spent on favors or little prizes--frankly I could do without those things and spend less!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Going to a four night, three hot meals plus two snacks per day, 24 hour open coffee and drink station, classes if you sign up or just sit and sew. Rooms are single, double or triple. It cost me $460 total for sewing room access 24 hours a day, meals, two classes and triple room. The retreat is held in a retreat center. Security and insurance is $50 per person which is the registration fee. I park Wed afternoon and don't leave until Sunday afternoon. Beautiful grounds, lake, walking trails, exercise room, laundry, maid service, it's just fantastic. Another retreat my sew group of six goes to is more isolated, cost more, but the three meals a day are gourmet cooked by a chef. We pamper ourselves at this one. Both retreats I sew until I drop. I quit going to retreats where I have to cook, bring food, or have kitchen duty.
where is this?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:43 AM

I attend two per year hosted by my quilt guild. The cost for three day/two nights is $80. We pot-luck suppers, and BYO breakfast. Lunch is frequently left overs or healthy snacks. We make use of a church camp facility that has simple hotel type accommodations and a really nice large open conference hall where we sew, sew and sew all day and all night if we choose.