Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need instructions for Zook brand hand quilting floor frame >

Need instructions for Zook brand hand quilting floor frame

Need instructions for Zook brand hand quilting floor frame

Old 08-29-2017, 06:48 PM

Default Need instructions for Zook brand hand quilting floor frame

I have been gifted a beautiful Zook brand hand quilting floor frame that is in excellent condition. It was made several years ago in Anderson, Indiana by Jade, Inc. who is no longer in business. The frame has three rollers. It is partially assembled, but I do not know how to use it.

Does anyone know where i can get a manual?. I can't use the frame without the instructions.

Thank you

mygrommi

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-30-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: remove request for copyright materials
Old 08-29-2017, 07:05 PM

Here's a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cwj_Z4dtT0
Old 08-30-2017, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by jcraine View Post
Thanks for the video link. The frame in the video is similar to mine, but not the Zook brand. I also need instructions on how to load the top, batting and backing onto the 3-roller frame. This is all new to me. I found a video that is helpful for that, but I would still love to have a cooy of the Zook instructions.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:44 AM

Is this helpful at all? http://karensquilting.com/blog/2011/...uilting-frame/
Old 08-30-2017, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I looked at this quickly and will spend more time studying it later. It will probably help but I will still look for a Zook instruction book.

Thanks much.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

read these, might be of help https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...ilting%20frame
Old 08-30-2017, 12:28 PM

Karen's instructions for loading a quilt on a 3 rail frame are really good. I have a Grace EZ3 floor frame and used that to learn how to load and then start quilting on my frame. The one thing you will need are leader cloths for the 3 rails, if they are not included with the frame you were gifted. Here's a link to a leader cloths at Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/Grace-Start...+leader+cloths You can also find instructions on how to make your own leader cloths without having to buy already made ones. Also quilting in a floor frame is a bit different than quilting in a hoop. With the lap hoop you start around the middle, on a floor frame you will start at the bottom border and work your way upwards.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:55 PM

I hope I can use Karen's instructions to get my frame set up. I know there are leader cloths on 2 of the poles and maybe on the 3rd one. I will look to see. I would need to make my own if I need to make another leader cloth.

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
Karen's instructions for loading a quilt on a 3 rail frame are really good. I have a Grace EZ3 floor frame and used that to learn how to load and then start quilting on my frame. The one thing you will need are leader cloths for the 3 rails, if they are not included with the frame you were gifted. Here's a link to a leader cloths at Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/Grace-Start...+leader+cloths You can also find instructions on how to make your own leader cloths without having to buy already made ones. Also quilting in a floor frame is a bit different than quilting in a hoop. With the lap hoop you start around the middle, on a floor frame you will start at the bottom border and work your way upwards.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:57 PM

I had already found this link when i searched for Zook, but most of the questions and answers are old. I tried to put a comment on the thread at the site you referenced, but when I tried to Submit, it would not take it and I was logged into Yahoo, so I don't understand why it would not take my comment.

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
Old 09-04-2017, 08:19 PM

I also own a beautiful Zook quilting frame I purchased from Anderson, IN back in 1993. I also have the instructions. If you want to email me at [email protected] I will scan them and send them to you.