Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Learning Day >

Learning Day

Learning Day

Old 09-04-2017, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Default Learning Day

I am really enjoying the free Craftsy classes today. I've watched Finishing School with Mimi Dietrick and Start Machine Quilting with Paula Reid. I'm in the middle of Mastering Foundation Paper Piecing with Carol Doak. Now, I don't use the same method she uses, but she is the Master of the technique and I'm sure to learn a thing or 10. I do use copy paper, but she recommends newsprint... and the difference is amazing. Of course she sells her brand of it, but I'd be tempted to buy it at the dollar store and cut it the correct size for my printer... because I'm frugal like that LOL. I'm jotting down the tips since this is a one-day deal. I learned a lot from the Paula Reid class too... she gives me hope that I Can do FMQ... she gives a lot of tips to make it easier and ease the pressure of making it perfect. I hope this helps with the actual class with a national teacher that our guild is having in October. Break is over, so back to the lessons.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:34 AM

Hmm... will need to fire up the laptop I guess, as this old PC says browser not supported. Hope I make time today to watch at least one.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:54 AM

I have a chrome book. I can't seem to access the ones I want, so wonder if it's 'cause i have a chrome book. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? TYIA
Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

I'm watching on my Kindle Fire while in my sewing room. Shows are streaming perfectly. All the quilting shows I have on my wish list are free today. Seems all the shows all are. First show I watched was Joan Hawley from Lazy Girl Designs instruct how to attache a zipper pull to make the one zip pouch.

I use Chrome browser on my laptop so I checked and the shows stream fine for me on it too. Lots of buffering and freezes on a newer device are usually because of the internet service used.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Hmm... will need to fire up the laptop I guess, as this old PC says browser not supported. Hope I make time today to watch at least one.
Update the browser?
Old 09-04-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by grandma7 View Post
I have a chrome book. I can't seem to access the ones I want, so wonder if it's 'cause i have a chrome book. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? TYIA
are you using the craftsy app, you cant access it from the app
Old 09-04-2017, 10:58 AM

I finally was able to get it to work. I'm not the most computer savvy. I did notice, however, that the materials list and discussion tabs indicate that both are available only on PAID videos. Anyone else find this?
Old 09-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

I watched several and realized I've seen same/similar for free on Youtube or other sites.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:37 AM

I'm so sorry I missed this opportunity. I was at work. Hopefully Craftsy will do this again
Old 09-06-2017, 08:22 AM

I watched Angela Walter's Dot to Dot Quilting. Interesting, as I tend to obsess over too much and it slows me down. Angela's motto of "close enough is good enough" is a difficult step for me.