Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bonnie Hunter's Next MQ >

Bonnie Hunter's Next MQ

Bonnie Hunter's Next MQ

Old 10-10-2017, 02:20 AM

I've got En Provence pieced but not quilted. It's a good thing that she doesn't require us to finish before starting the next one. I bought the pattern to Alletaire, but just the other day I found my favorite colors, green and purple, made up in Allietaire on Pinterest.

It's great fun to do the MQ and then get on here and see what others have done. QB-ers are a great inspiration to do a better job of cutting and piecing. Mine just don't look that good compared to all of you!!
Old 10-10-2017, 02:29 AM

If you get on facebook, and then type in Bonnie Hunter blog, you get a story about 52 deaf quilters at a retreat. Seven of them made En Provence and there is a picture of 5 of those with their rendition of the pattern.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:13 AM

I’m sure something will pop up here on the QB with news of Bonnie’s commencement of this year’s Mystery...I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes open for it. I passed on last year’s En Provence because I needed to finish up some UFO’s but I can participate in this year’s project in good conscience. : )
Old 10-10-2017, 03:16 AM

How does a person get started with her MQ? Is it on her blog/Facebook/here? Would love to follow along.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:05 AM

The years that I've done the mystery, QB member Podunk Princess has started a thread for QBers to do the mystery together (in the QuiltingBoard Challenges and Contests section). You can also follow the progress on Bonnie Hunter's Facebook page Quiltville's Open Studio. Bonnie will post the intro to the mystery and all of the clues on her blog. The intro has usually appeared at the end of October, and the first clue comes on Black Friday, and on each Friday after that until around New Year's Day.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:58 AM

I've made the past 2 BH mysteries, was planning on sitting this one out, but then you guys say she has been in China, so there is a possibility this one will be inspired by the orient
Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 AM

Kassaundra, I think it will be next year's mystery that is China-inspired. Bonnie will be in China at the end of October, and I recall back in June or so that Bonnie mentioned she had finalized this year's mystery design. I didn't keep track of where she traveled this year.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
rvsfan, MQ stands for Mystery Quilt. Every year Bonnie Hunter does a mystery quilt through her blog. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/ In October she will let us know what colors she will be using in this mystery. Then the day after Thanksgiving she will start with her weekly clues. This goes on until the revel sometime in Dec.

Thank you so much for this info. I have never done a mystery quilt and will plan to check out Bonnie's this year.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
Thank you so much for this info. I have never done a mystery quilt and will plan to check out Bonnie's this year.
You will love it Last year was my first time and I've been waiting all year for the next one! Each Friday felt like a Christmas for me as I waited for the clues.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43 AM

jmoore, Allietare was my first Bonnie Hunter mystery and I passed on last year's mystery because I was still working on Allietare. lol ...... but now I'm ready to go again this year.

To be honest Bonnie's mystery quilts always intimidated me ....... all those small pieces ..... but I have overcome my fear by completing Allietare.