Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-05-2017, 08:26 AM

I think Cotton Boll was my first. I use a mystery for the front and mystery for a back when quilted, so I get to see them all fairly often.
I'm still pulling different groups of fabric, I'm thinking maybe this year will be 'low volume' and not scrappy (wwaaahhh! I love scrappy..) because I have s 5 pieces of yardage that will never get used up otherwise.

I'm enjoying seeing the fabric choices, thank you all for sharing
Old 11-05-2017, 08:44 AM

This is my 2nd mystery but 1st message board. I love blues so had plenty. Not much brown and running low on neutral variety. But not going shopping. I am going to follow the colors. Here is a sample of what I chose. If I can figure out how
Old 11-05-2017, 10:44 AM

And I'm set. Or almost.
I picked up an inspiration fabric on Saturday (the print in the photo below), and found fabrics to fit the bill today (at a local shop's sale, lucky me). I decided I wanted a Christmas quilt, but not "in your face" red and green. I think this works. The red is a bit more orange than I wanted, so I may have a look around later this week for something else.
My colours vs Bonnie's: her brown is my red, aqua is grey, and salmon is green. Neutral is neutral.
I always do single colours for each fabric now, as scrappy is just not me and the 2 I did scrappy are my least favourite quilts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bonnie2017.jpg  
Old 11-05-2017, 11:01 AM

I love to get on Pinterest and look at all the other colorways that one of BH mystery quilts has been made in. If you haven't done so....try it. Lots of inspiration.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:21 PM

Love your colors, kristakz. I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's color choices.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:00 PM

Krista - I really like your inspiration print. I went through my stash and decided I didn't have the right choices to use for a Christmas theme (but I did find a nice Christmas Panel I forgot about).

But I did come up with these to make a smaller quilt. I'm not sure when I bought the beige, but the other three were bought as attempts to get the right color for the border of the quilt that will be going on my bed. I needed to expand it from queen to king size and bought several fabrics and then decided to expand the pattern and not use borders at all.

When I read what Kassaundra wrote about exchanging dark and light, I read it as "exchanging dark for light" and that got me excited. So I'm going to use the beige as brown, and the burgundy for the neutral. The gold and print will be the aqua and coral.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:16 PM

Cool beans there will be two of us going to the dark side!!!! lol I love these colors it will look rich and elegant.
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Krista - I really like your inspiration print. I went through my stash and decided I didn't have the right choices to use for a Christmas theme (but I did find a nice Christmas Panel I forgot about).

But I did come up with these to make a smaller quilt. I'm not sure when I bought the beige, but the other three were bought as attempts to get the right color for the border of the quilt that will be going on my bed. I needed to expand it from queen to king size and bought several fabrics and then decided to expand the pattern and not use borders at all.

When I read what Kassaundra wrote about exchanging dark and light, I read it as "exchanging dark for light" and that got me excited. So I'm going to use the beige as brown, and the burgundy for the neutral. The gold and print will be the aqua and coral.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:21 PM

Very exciting, Macybaby!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:37 PM

@ Battle Axe: Great idea! Thanks, love Pinterest.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:03 PM

Oh this is going to be fun with such a wide variety of fabrics to be used. My first "sew along" had been the New Quilting Bee 2017 and it has been amazing to me seeing all of the blocks in different fabrics. I am so surprised at how it can change the look.

So now what to we do for the next 2 1/2 weeks! LOL The waiting is always a killer with mysteries:-)