Plus size aprons...

Old 12-11-2017, 07:59 AM

Default Plus size aprons...

I'm looking for plus size apron patterns. I've been check online and found a Mulari Criss Cross that looks interesting...has anyone made this? I have a few regular patterns and am wondering how hard it is to adapt them to a plus size.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

I've made aprons for me. it's cut on the fold, so i just back the pattern up an inch or two. that gives it the extra width that's needed. show us what you do.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Do you find you have to adjust the strap placement at the neck? I also thought the ones with a front and back yoke with slight gathers in the body would fit nice but not sure how to close the back.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:54 AM

I really like this pattern: https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m7208

I found it at Joann Fabrics and bought it when it was on sale. As lynnie mentioned, you can just back the pattern away from the fold to make it a little wider. When I made mine, I also added a couple inches lengthwise for the top so that I could play with it before adding the top straps and make it as long as I wanted so that the waist would land better at my waist. You can also make straps as long as you want.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:54 PM

I found one on Etsy I really liked called French Bouquet Floral apron. But haven't found a pattern yet.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Love2Craft View Post
I found one on Etsy I really liked called French Bouquet Floral apron. But haven't found a pattern yet.
Do you have a link? We may be able to help search for the pattern. (Although, from experience, I think some sellers make their own. I have one I would love to find a pattern for, but haven't been able to.)
Old 12-12-2017, 06:50 AM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1581400...afore-apron-no

i hope I did this right
Old 12-12-2017, 07:27 AM

You did it right.
I like the look of a pinafore on adults or girls. For a long time I searched for a pattern for an apron like the one worn in "The Color Purple". Problem is, I collected a lot of patterns during the searching, yet have not completed any of the aprons. I think if you have any pattern that features a yoke, front and back, the body of it could be adjusted in length and width. I have a pattern that I intend to put to good use, called "My Neighbors Apron". It is much like the Pinafore Apron that you posted the link to, only the yoke is bigger and the armhole deeper, running almost as deep as the waistline.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:06 AM

I like this pattern: https://www.valliandkim.com/shop/PAT...on-Pattern.htm might have to see if I can find it but there's lots of places to order it. Thanks for the idea!
Old 12-17-2017, 01:28 PM

On the site www.craftster.org type plussize apron/MrsFibble is an old post from march 2013 in it is a link to tutorial.