Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with a quilt pattern >

Need help with a quilt pattern

Need help with a quilt pattern

Old 01-20-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
If the fabric panel was by Moda, did you look at their website of free patterns? Or try emailing them with the picture to see if they actually designed the pattern to go with the panel?
I have not emailed them, but checked the website. No luck.

bkay
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 PM

I think the pattern was for the Quilt Across Texas shop hop and not by Moda, but I'm not sure. The only place I can think of that you might find the pattern is one of the participating shops that might have a leftover.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nance View Post
It looks like it could be pieced in sections, rather than all rows. Piece the two top rows -stars and small squares- in crosswise rows, then pieced the center section, big blocks and center smaller squares, in 3 vertical rows, then the lower squares and stars in crosswise rows. Sew all sections together. Good luck!
I think Nance has a good idea. The center vertical row would be: large rectangle with 2 animals, a strip of sashing, then the two small blocks with added strip in center and small strip on each side, a strip of sashing, then the large rectangle with 3 horses.
The other two vertical strips would be two large squares with a strip of sashing and another strip of sashing on one side, the side toward the center.
JJBlaine has a good idea, too. But I don't know if that would look right with the wide strip in the middle of the two small squares, just to make the section wide enough.

Drawing these blocks out on graph paper would help to visualize this. Then cut the pieces apart to show how each section should be made.

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I think the pattern was for the Quilt Across Texas shop hop and not by Moda, but I'm not sure. The only place I can think of that you might find the pattern is one of the participating shops that might have a leftover.
I called the other quilt shop in Weatherford, and they had no idea what I was talking about. They told me she went out of business several years ago.

The link to the Quilt across Texas 2011 shop hop is still online. It appears that the blue quilt was just a quilt done by that shop for advertising. Another quilt done for that same Shop hop is shown below.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I have it now. That divide into 1/3s idea is great.

bkay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587471[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cowboya.jpg