Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free Spirit closed >

Free Spirit closed

Free Spirit closed

Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 AM

Default Free Spirit closed

Free Spirit closed, did you buy a lot of Kaffe Fassett Collective, Amy Butler or Tula Pink fabrics. Are you afraid of missing fabrics of free spirit ?

Scuse my english, i'm french girls
Old 02-18-2018, 10:00 AM

My friend is a big fan of Tula Pink and she has stocked up on some while she's visiting me.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:20 PM

I just saw the announcement! - i'm very surprised because these are big name designers!

https://craftindustryalliance.org/fr...e-immediately/
Old 02-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

It was the decision of the parent company to close the fabric division. Many have posted on Facebook that the parent company made bad business decisions over the last years and had to cut the least profitable department. There will always be independent fabric companies that will take up the slack.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:26 AM

I am heading to the LQS to stock on my favorite fabric today. Kaffe. I sure hope someone else picks up these designers. Most of the LQS are running the Kaffe Fasset mystery quilt this year. It sold out and they were taking orders for another batch. They were supposed to deliver in August. I guess they won't be getting their shipments. I know they all sold tons of kits.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:55 AM

I’m sure one of the other fabric brands will eagerly grab some of the designers (I hope so) Kaffe Fasset, Tula Pink, Amy butler and Anna Maria Horner all designed for them.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM

Awe, I really like Tula Pink and don't have any
Old 02-20-2018, 06:37 AM

Tula Pink's fabric (older lines) always seemed to go up in value (same with Kaffe Fassett's). Bet they really go up in value now!
Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM

Stop the panic!! Just saw on Scott Fortunado's blog last night that Jaftex Fabrics (Henry Glass, Studio E, etc) has purchased FreeSpirit and the plan is to keep all the designers too! Jaftex is a family owned company (4th generation with Scott and his brother) and has a number of lines of quilting fabrics in addition to some other types of fabrics too.
SO glad that these designers will likely transition as a total group to a new parent company so there are no "breaks" in their product availabilty.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
Stop the panic!! Just saw on Scott Fortunado's blog last night that Jaftex Fabrics (Henry Glass, Studio E, etc) has purchased FreeSpirit and the plan is to keep all the designers too! Jaftex is a family owned company (4th generation with Scott and his brother) and has a number of lines of quilting fabrics in addition to some other types of fabrics too.
SO glad that these designers will likely transition as a total group to a new parent company so there are no "breaks" in their product availabilty.
Thanks for letting us know.