Barn quilts

Old 03-14-2018, 04:07 AM

Default Barn quilts

Does anyone have a barn quilt up? I fell in love with seeing them on a road trip years back. I have made a carpenter star one to add to our garage/shop wall. It won't be registered or on the trail map, I just think they are pretty.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:23 AM

If I had a barn I certainly would put one up! I did have one on side of my house, but did it on an old tin sign and it rusted......maybe all quilters should put one in their house window......like the families of soldiers did during WW II....seeing more and more of the barn blocks on the farms I pass here.........love it!

Last edited by Geri B; 03-14-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:30 AM

It’s on my list of “wish I’d get off my duff and ....” paint one on the back side of my shed. They are pretty.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:49 AM

this is mine, just finished it.
One of the many cancer books I read with my first cancer said to pick an icon, anything that said Healthy Happy Hope to me.
Sunflower came to mind. Rob plants walls of them each year

I'm thinking about trying painting on the tire cover of our new 5th wheel.
Have Barn Quilt, will travel!
Attached Thumbnails barn-quilt-watermarked.jpg   sunflowers-love.jpg  
Old 03-14-2018, 07:18 AM
DJ

SSStitches ~ You must show us yours!

I do not have one YET. We just had a "garden shed" built that is quite a bit larger than KalamaQuilts'. My hope is to have DH help me make one to fit the end that faces the road. It will have to be smaller than the traditional size. When our travel trailer is parked in its spot, the barn quilt won't be visible from the road, but when we are gone, it would be. We will be able to see it from the house though. We could have one on the side like KalamaQuilts', but I think we're going to put some plantings there that could block it.

KalamaQuilts ~ How absolutely gorgeous! I see you live in SW Washington. Can your barn quilt be seen from the road? We live in NW Washington. I just discovered that Kittitas County has a barn quilt trail. Have you traveled it?

Here's a link: http://barnquiltswashington.org/

It's something I plan to do in the near future. I've seen a couple of the barn quilts from the highway as we travel back and forth to/from Eastern Washington where we have family.

Last edited by DJ; 03-14-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:24 AM

that would be a fun trail to follow. We are at a dead in country road. It could have been seen from the window side, but that side is so unbalanced because of the window and the vent I decided on the front.

Your embroidery cards in your link are gorgeous!
Old 03-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty sunflower barn quilt. Sunflowers always look so happy.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:38 PM

There are a lot of barn quilts in our part of the country. I've got a couple in mind to make (hopefully this year)! I admire every one I drive past.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:46 PM

I keep telling DH that I want one on our oversized garage (not a barn, but still). He is not enthused with the idea even though he has seen many on barns in our travels. I've even said I'd put it on the backside of the garage (can't be seen from the road) so only we would know it was there. If I eventually do get my barn quilt block. it would be a Log Cabin block, which is my favorite block ever. Colors would be: green and tan with a red center. Garage is a deep red color and we are thinking of a green metal roof. Can anyone say Christmas? LOL

Love your sunflower block and your row of sunflowers! So cheerful and bright.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:27 AM

Kalama, What a pretty and Happy barn quilt. I love the sunflower fence too. I don't have a barn or a barn quilt but would love to add one on my house. It has been in my thoughts for a couple of years but haven't decided on the block I want. Good summer project! Hmmmm! Hope you are well!

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 03-15-2018 at 03:31 AM.