Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are You A Once Only...Or Over And Over >

Are You A Once Only...Or Over And Over

Are You A Once Only...Or Over And Over

Old 04-15-2018, 05:19 PM

For quilts I am a one and done. I have a group of 7 gal pals that I have made wall hangings for, and various other quilted things, and those are always alike, except for color variations.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:10 PM

Rail fence seems to be my go to design. I also have done a lot of Trip Around The World Quilts. I breaking out and doing some more modern quilts now
Old 04-16-2018, 04:09 AM

I've made several quilt patterns twice, but only twice have they been the same fabrics. I recently have made 4 quilts from the Villa Rosa pattern "Radiance". It's quick, easy, and is great for a large print focus fabric...perfect for baby and toddler quilts!
Old 04-16-2018, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​I have made a couple of designs again but mostly it's one and done.
Me too. I like to try new designs and new techniques, but have done Yellow Brick Road and Warm Wishes a few times for quick charity quilts.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:37 AM

Once and done,
except for a few baby quilts using the same pattern.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 AM

I’m a once only person unless I’m in a hurry.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 AM

I only make a quilt design once. Too many beautiful quilts to make to want to repeat one I have already made. I do use quilt blocks over and over, but with variations, and in completely different designs. For example, I have made 2 or 3 quilts using Lemoyne Stars, or Ohio Stars. Storm at Sea is a quilt block that you can do many different ways for a large variety of quilts that look totally different. I do not like to make a quilt using the same or similar block if I used the block in the previous quilt.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:28 AM

I haven't made enough quilts to worry about repeating much yet. However, I worked with another quilter on designing a miniature bargello using a paper piecing technique she developed. I've made four small wallhangings from that, in different color schemes. I view that set as a single series, so repeated with purpose. And since they're miniatures, it's not much different from doing one larger quilt with repeated blocks.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart View Post
I try to learn something new and challenge my skill set on each one I make, so I haven't repeated patterns. I don't have any occasions I can think of necessitating a quick quilt.
Oh so many time I have needed a gift in a hurry! Friend got transfer orders and was moving in 3 weeks, another got a bad diagnosis and a quilt was needed for comfort and chemo, baby adoption came through last minute, parent died in auto accident and 9 year old needed comfort. I have quilts I plan out, but I learned to keep a few stashed away for such "emergencies".
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 AM

My initial response was "one and done", but then I realized that I've made several Lone Stars for baby quilts and several Attic Windows I Spy for toddlers. Currently on a "row" quilt binge. Made rows of bunnies/flowers/eggs for Easter and am currently working on rows of trees/mountains/houses made from batiks.
I can guarantee that the minute I see "squirrel" on Pinterest, I'll start with something totally new.