Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Seattle Quilt Shops to Visit >

Seattle Quilt Shops to Visit

Seattle Quilt Shops to Visit

Old 04-20-2018, 02:54 PM

Default Seattle Quilt Shops to Visit

Hello everyone,

I'm going to Seattle in a couple of weeks with my DH and while he's at this conference I'm hoping to take an Uber to a few local quilt shops. Any suggestions for ones I should go to? Any with bargains? Stop laughing! I know the elusive quilt bargains have to be out there somewhere!

StashBuster109 aka Sarah
Old 04-20-2018, 03:22 PM

So many of the shops have closed down over the years, even one near my Sis in Maple Valley. Hope you get some great suggestions of current shops to visit.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:38 PM

We've lost so many shops in the last 2 years. I know of none in Seattle proper but 2 of the best in the area are Trains and Fabric in Tacoma and Gee Gee's in Yelm. They both have a huge variety of fabric. Trains is like walking into a friendly homey place that just happens to sell fabric.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:04 PM

Have you tried googling "quilt shops in Seattle"?

There are actually tour buses that drive from Seattle to the Portland area to go shop-hopping. I'm wondering if that means there aren't a lot of shops there. I remember stepping in to one several years ago near Pike Place Market, but I can't remember the name of it. I wasn't very impressed.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:59 PM

If you had a car Uber would be too expensive, the http://www.quiltbarn.com/ Quilt Barn in Puyallup had a great display at the big sewing show a couple years ago when I went. They have a list of local guilds on their website, perhaps you can contact them for advice.

If you were coming at the end of May, there is Quilt Canada in Vancouver. You could take Amtrak from Seattle.

Or take The Clipper to Victoria, you can check out Calico Cupboard, Bib and Tucker and Cloth Castle in the Victoria area.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:59 PM

You would be better off renting a car and heading out of Seattle. My sister lives on Camano Island and they have a couple of wonderful shops and another one in Stanwood.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

I agree about the Quilt Barn in Puyallup. It would be a long Uber ride from seattle. My son and family live a long walk from the Quilt Barn and I walk there every time I visit. Lots of good things. Nice staff.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:16 AM
DJ

Originally Posted by ArlaJo View Post
I know of none in Seattle proper ...
I was at Undercover Quilts from the USA a few weeks ago. I'm sure they haven't closed.
98 Virginia St, Seattle, WA 98101 (near Pike Place Market).

Pacific Fabrics and Crafts
2230 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 9813 (in the Sodo district near the stadiums)
I know this place is open, too. They have lovely fabrics and some exclusive prints with Pacific Northwest themes.

I found others in a Google search, and as stated, some may have closed. You would be wise to call first to be sure they are open and what their hours are. Here are just a couple I found:

Stitches
711 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122

Quiltworks Northwest
145 106th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004
(Public transit may get you to this one, not sure.) If you use Google Maps on your smart phone, you can choose the bus option and see what the timeline would be. There is also a Pacific Fabrics store in Bellevue.

I hope you enjoy your visit!
Old 04-21-2018, 07:02 AM

I love Seattle! What a beautiful part of the country, be sure to take a harbor tour, the standard one lasts about 90 mins and it's just lovely! My favorite quilt shop is pretty far south though, when I'm in Seattle proper I'm too busy hitting museums and drinking coffee, RubyStreet Quiltworks in Tumwater WA is a great shop with tons of amazing fabrics.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Banned

I agree, I think you should rent a car. The Quilt Barn in Puyallup is an awesome shop, so is Shibori Dragon in University Place, any of the 5 Pacific Fabrics shops around the sound. GeeGees in Yelm, RubyStreet Quiltworks in Tumwater and Sisters Quilt Shop in Chehalis are a few more of my favorites.

Cari