Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Berninas, snap-on/low shank adaptors, and walking feet. >

Vintage Berninas, snap-on/low shank adaptors, and walking feet.

Vintage Berninas, snap-on/low shank adaptors, and walking feet.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Default Vintage Berninas, snap-on/low shank adaptors, and walking feet.

Having gotten my Bernina 707 Minimatic back up and running (broken needle clamp from an overzealous previous owner), I'm curious as to whether anyone's had any success using a low shank, or snap-on adaptor to use generic or other manufacturers' walking feet with them?
Even a generic one designed for a Bernina isn't really doable at this time (university student on government allowance), so it'd be great to use one of the many feet floating around (generic, Brother, Singer, etc.) to tide-me-over if possible.
It's no big deal if it's not possible/worth doing; I've got a walking foot for my 201Ks/15-22/99K/others, and if necessary I can commandeer a Dreamweaver or Innovis to get my projects done. I'm not able to get to my parts to have a play with them for a few days, so I thought it'd be a good idea to check what others' experiences have been here.

Has anyone given it a go, and how'd it go?
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2018, 07:32 PM

I haven't done it with a generic walking foot. But I do know that there are two different half shank adapters. The #75 is the standard adapter and the #77 is shorter. So if the walking foot that you have, is made for a standard low shank machine, it should work with the #75 adapter.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:02 PM

I have a bernina 830 record that years ago I bought a generic foot for with the adapter. Still works like a charm. No issues ever.