Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frank Edmunds & Co. American Legacy Quilt Frame Wood Frame >

Frank Edmunds & Co. American Legacy Quilt Frame Wood Frame

Frank Edmunds & Co. American Legacy Quilt Frame Wood Frame

Old 08-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Default Frank Edmunds & Co. American Legacy Quilt Frame Wood Frame

I am looking to buy a new quilting frame. Does anyone us the Frank Edmunds & Co. American Legacy Quilt Frame Wood Frame? Thoughts, opinions, or suggestions?
Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM

I think your link hiccuped. It goes to glass and picture frames.

bk
Old 08-11-2018, 12:23 AM

The hiccup is with the site. It randomly inserts links to products as a form of advertising.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:15 AM

Is this a hand quilting frame? A wood frame for a long arm? I am not familiar with this name.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
The hiccup is with the site. It randomly inserts links to products as a form of advertising.
Now the link is going to Walmart. It was going to Amazon yesterday. MarylandAnderson needs to post a new link. That one is corrupted some weird way.

bkay
Old 08-11-2018, 03:55 PM

MarylandAnderson,

I have a quilt frame, constructed from a kit my husband purchased from Hinterberg. Here is the link to it. I love the frame because it can be tilted to vertical and stored without taking up the whole house. I'm not sure if this will fit your needs -- I'm not selling these, and have no financial interest whatsoever -- it's a frame I have and found works well for me. http://www.hinterberg.com/cat-Frames-46.aspx
Old 08-12-2018, 04:33 AM

The Easy Build Quilt Frame kit from Hinterberg Design that Jeanette Frantz mentioned is the kit my DH purchased years ago and put together for me is a really good and solid frame. For me, I always had to have another pair of hands about to get the quilt top, batting and backing all onto the frame. But I too liked the "tilt to vertical for easy storage".
Old 08-12-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by MarylandAnderson View Post
I am looking to buy a new quilting frame. Does anyone us the Frank Edmunds & Co. American Legacy Quilt Frame Wood Frame? Thoughts, opinions, or suggestions?
Have you looked at the video from Joe Cunningham, or is that quilting frame too dense for you? If you google Jean Brown Handquilting, it should take you to a site that sells quilt frames from lap to big, big.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Just in case you are still looking, Ithought I would tell you about my quilting frame. I have the Dritz Quilter’s Floor Frame. It is 39” x 28”, and since I glue baste, it works great for quilting and hand tying. It is made of PVC and can be put up in minutes and taken down just as quick and easy. I can pick the whole thing up if needed, and I love the ability to slant the quilt for easier access. I can even leave the quilt in the frame to put it away when company comes, I just lift the top part of the frame off the legs, put the rest away, and slide my work in progress under the guest bed, easy/peasy. It didn’t cost very much, and is simple to store. I have had mine since 1999. Here is a link to one like mine, which I love.

https://www.dritz.com/quilting-sewin...inishing/3129/

Last edited by madamekelly; 08-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.